Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel guilt when you hear about colateral damage in war zones such as Aphganistan and Iraq?
No, the people are better off in the long run. 1 4.55%
No, I'm not responsable cause I never agreed with the wars. 11 50.00%
Yes, but then I forget about it all and go back to my life. 7 31.82%
Yes, and I plan on using my life to make a difference by helping. 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-07-2005, 10:33 AM   #11
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

No, luck of the draw I guess.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 23-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #12
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

"You reap what you sow" this is going to be a quote here. :/
Nobody deserves to die in my point. If that person is THAT bad, say he blew up a 747 full of children and disabled, I will just lock him up alone in a 2x2 cell with no window, and only get him food once a week(old bread and water. Maybe torture him one in a while. He deserve to LIVE and suffer.
Why do you think suicide bombers are suicide? Becouse they can't accept to face justice after what they did. Dying for them is a relief. I say they deserve to LIVE and suffer in great pain and agony. Then die sloowly and painfully as their victims.

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 23-07-2005, 01:38 PM   #13
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Hmm I think that people blow themselve up because they particuarly don't want to get captured by the UK/USA.

I can't even imagine the torture that the failed bombers are going to have. I don't really want to.

And remember kids, the USA get off free because Guantanimo is not on their land, it's only leased.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 23-07-2005, 01:47 PM   #14
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I don't follow what's going on but my friend was telling me investigators believe that the suicide bombers in London two weeks ago were told that they were to plant the bombs and would then have time to escape before they went off. True or not?
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 23-07-2005, 01:49 PM   #15
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Nobody knows, we just have to believe what we see on the news (which is more and more difficult every day) and they're not telling us.

I also have no idea on how they could know that or not.

I also think that I would prefer to blow myself up than get caught.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 23-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #16
mm_pie
Forum hobbit

Talking

I would quite like to see george bushes opinion on this subject. (People... What people??? Oil... Yum... feed me oil....) Britain should have stuck with the EU and with every other country apart from america. Is is jsut that George bushes backside smells nice Tony??
The one thing that i agree with the lib dems on.
mm_pie is offline                         Send a private message to mm_pie
Old 23-07-2005, 06:01 PM   #17
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Collateral damage? hah! There is no such a thing in war. Every life counts in my opinion. If the fallen are innocent, then becouse of that, if not, then becouse of that.

Terrorist use the civilian folk as cannon fodders. They live in the crowd, blow up the crowd, hide the crowd and blame the crowd. They know that nobody is able to spot a terrorist amongst the innocents. At the best, only the close relatives or friends know that, but thats not so often.
Cells. Terrorism works in cells. Nobody knows who is the terrorist, not even the other terrorist. IF they catch one(without blowing the hell out of the cops), a single cell does not KNOW who is the boss or who are the others. Brilliant and deadly. And the point is nobody can do anthing about this system. Not even the "mighty" USA <_< Harassing people in Iraq, taking them away in the middle of night and "question" the hell out them won't help a bit. If the captive IS a terrorist by some miracle, he doesn't know anything about the others, and he rather blow himself up then giving away that HE is one.

Nothing to do exept wait until every single one of them dies out. Which is most unlikely....

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 23-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #18
Evad
Game freak

I agree that terrorists should not be killed, and should in fact be slowly tortured. They don't abide by or respect our laws so why should they benifite from them?
I forget who first brought up the"reap what you sow quote", but you are, like many other people unfortunately, very uneducated in this matter and are infact just repeating what you have probably heard. Not all Islamics are terrorists. Seb. refuted your hastey generalization with couter-example perfectly so I'll leave it alone.
I really am sorry to say that I understand why some Iraqis might like seeing americans killed, as it was americans(american government) that enforced harsh trade imbargos on them for ten years after the first gulf war. Do you know how many completely innocent children that killed?
I was really sickened when I heard of the London blasts, cause it was then that I realised the genious of GWB's plans. If there are no attacks then he is doing his job and has saved his people from the hethens; conversly, if there are attacks, then it just fuels his war mongering that much more. Way to go George W.
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad
Old 23-07-2005, 11:38 PM   #19
lethe
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Evad@Jul 23 2005, 09:34 PM
If there are no attacks then he is doing his job and has saved his people from the hethens; conversly, if there are attacks, then it just fuels his war mongering that much more. Way to go George W.
Even though that's true and I won't even discuss what are the causes of the bombings, you should be careful when putting it that way... Bush would need a dictionary and 30 minutes to understand it.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 24-07-2005, 12:58 AM   #20
Evad
Game freak

he he...yeah I shouldn't give him so much credit, mostly his administrations idea. LOL
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad