Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: I know this is entirely up to Kosta & Co., but what do you guys think?
I disagree with what was said. (pleade explain) 16 38.10%
I agree in part, but don't think it's necesary. (-||-) 10 23.81%
I agree in part only, but still think it's necesary. (-||-) 1 2.38%
I agree completely. 11 26.19%
not only do I agree, but I would also voulanteer to moderate such subforum (definetly post about this ) 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-10-2005, 10:50 PM   #51
coldwinter44
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to coldwinter44

I agree completely for multilangage forum... exemple im a french canadian in i prefer write in my own langage (because my writing english is very bad LOLl)

well that it for my point
coldwinter44 is offline                         Send a private message to coldwinter44
Old 28-10-2005, 09:42 AM   #52
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Aye says I.
Old 28-10-2005, 10:09 AM   #53
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin Threadbare@Oct 28 2005, 09:42 AM
Aye says I.
You mean you want a Scottish forum?:P
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 28-10-2005, 10:24 AM   #54
SupSuper
Games Master

I've seen "International forums" done on many other forums, but it's true it can pose a problem.

For example, on the Team17 Forum you have one forum called International where people can just start threads in their own languages for others that understand it to reply. Lots of discussions go on in there. However, it's unmoderated, so there's also spam, although posts don't count.

On the XcomUfo Forums, you have a category for multi-language forums. Each language which is demanded and has a moderator for it gets a forum. But in the end, it's a lot of mostly inactive forums :P

In the end, I think it's best if someone that can't write english just posts in their own language and whoever can understand it translates it for the rest.
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 28-10-2005, 12:56 PM   #55
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

You're right. I think there are people from many countries around here and they could translate us, but we still need to keep the " Post only in English" rule. (wow; a lot of page views from Romania; time to start translating some more )
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 30-10-2005, 03:30 AM   #56
eMTe

Quote:
Originally posted by Tulac+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tulac)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>This is only for support of games to make abandonia closer to those who can't speak English...
Your point with splitting up people just doesn't stand, because why do we have translations at all that could also be called splitting up people...
And why do you people think it would split up this forum, because if you'd read what some people posted you'd understand that this isn't for the whole forum but only for giving out help for some games that don't work and hearing comments that someone may not know how to say in English...[/b]

wise words k:

<!--QuoteBegin-prejudice sucks

reviews are one thing that are more useful in a native language, but a forum is a way to communicate, not something that comments on games. They're two completely different things[/quote]
i dont get it.if we agree that forum is a place to comunicate,how do u want people to do it if they dont speak english???comunication in other languages is no longer real comunication for u??? :blink:

as a mod of multilingual forum i can assure u all that adding international corners would bring more people to the site.some of them will become the part of community,some wont stick their noses out of hole.but generaly forum will look more hospitable
eMTe is offline                         Send a private message to eMTe
Old 30-10-2005, 03:56 AM   #57
Nikson
Game Wizzard

Quote:
dding international corners would bring more people to the site.some of them will become the part of community
They can't become part of the community if they can't communicate with the community.
The best they can do is form their own small sub-community - which demonstrates the splitting-up point.
Nikson is offline                         Send a private message to Nikson
Old 07-11-2005, 11:05 PM   #58
coldwinter44
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to coldwinter44

hum the idea of a tranlator guy is good but...we need a neutral guy better a bot and a bot is not very good look the translate bot on google or another search engine LOLl
coldwinter44 is offline                         Send a private message to coldwinter44