Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-04-2005, 09:14 AM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Anybody else saw this movie?

Ina way The Excorcist made a whole new movie subcategory I call: The Church tales.

This movie itself was nice and entertaining with some thriling scenes, but nothing exraordinary. Altough I enjoyed the entertainment value of it, it's nothing more then a set of effects with a weak - yet entertaining story.

Anybody else seen it?
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-04-2005, 09:19 AM   #2
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'm bursting to see it as it looks like it might be the strongest movie to come out in a while. However I'm waiting for the DVD version to arrive. I've read many reviews on the film and some praise while others damn. That's a great genre for it, btw.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 10-04-2005, 09:48 AM   #3
FreeFreddy

I kind of stopped to be interested in those kind of movies with famous persons of history, after I saw Troya and Alexander. The two were disappointing enough...

Old 10-04-2005, 09:56 AM   #4
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Two things to throw at your Freddy - I thought Troy was one of the most entertaining and powerful movies I've ever seen and (two) Constantine isn't about the King/Pope of history but about a contemporary character with the ability to see the demonic nature of apparently 'normal' human beings. He's like the master craftsman of the exorcist trade.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 10-04-2005, 09:56 AM   #5
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Apr 10 2005, 09:48 AM
I kind of stopped to be interested in those kind of movies with famous persons of history
If i'm not mistaken the Constantine character in the movie is from a comic book and not the actual Constantine

Anyway i have no time for these boring over-the-top action movies, the last good film I saw was Der Untergang and that was basically a documentary.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:22 AM   #6
FreeFreddy

Quote:
Originally posted by wendymaree@Apr 10 2005, 10:56 AM
Constantine isn't about the King/Pope of history but about a contemporary character with the ability to see the demonic nature of apparently 'normal' human beings. He's like the master craftsman of the exorcist trade.
Ok, in that case... Still I don't like any of the new movies, except the Lords of the Ring trilogy and eventually Matrix 1. Far too many aren't really worth seeing, and I could count many of such "weak" new movies. For example, Terminator 3 was a fall-through as I noticed, and I also wasn't able to compare it to the first two parts...

Old 10-04-2005, 10:24 AM   #7
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yeah the film dedicated to me
Old 10-04-2005, 11:10 AM   #8
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

I dont want very much for fims.After few disapointantions I stopped except from films anything else than cool action, a little gore and/or nice jokes. That is a reason I liked also films which where total disapointment for almost anyone else...
Anyway there were SOME exceptions.For recent films "Hide and Seek" and "Der Untergang".(I recommend them)
Anyway I didnt saw Constantine yet,but I surely check it out soon.... k:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 10-04-2005, 11:48 AM   #9
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

I'd rather play "Spear of Destiny"... B)
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 10-04-2005, 12:38 PM   #10
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard@Apr 10 2005, 11:10 AM
and "Der Untergang".
good choice!
I recently went with a friend to a couple of movies. mar Adentro bored the heck out of me after a while and The Ring 2 succeeded in being a great comedy, sadly that was probably not the aim of the creators.