Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #11
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
However, to add those DLCs, Packs, Extras to your Library, it is a requirement that you have the respective games.

Darn, and you have to have them on GoG! So not everything is golden there.
Too bad, I wanned to keep in mind the extras. Reading backstory novellas for games sounded cool. Well, there's still replacementdocs.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #12
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
However, to add those DLCs, Packs, Extras to your Library, it is a requirement that you have the respective games.

This "theory" doesn't have solid ground because GOG have never given away any DLCs, Packs etc for free. Only "vanilla" and/or complete titles.

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 02-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #13
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranjoHello View Post
This "theory" doesn't have solid ground because GOG have never given away any DLCs, Packs etc for free. Only "vanilla" and/or complete titles.

Except, they do.
Butcher, demo, 100% free: https://www.gog.com/game/butcher_demo
Metronomicon, The - Deck the Dubstep, DLC,100% free: https://www.gog.com/game/the_metrono...ck_the_dubstep
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - HD Voice Pack - German, 100% free: https://www.gog.com/game/kingdom_com...ce_pack_german
Hello Neighbour, alpha version, 100% free: https://www.gog.com/game/hello_neighbor_demo (yes, I see GoG considers it a demo)
GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, 100% free online access: https://www.gog.com/game/gwent_the_witcher_card_game
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, Digital Comics, 100% free: https://www.gog.com/game/hotline_mia...digital_comics (transfers into your library without owning the game)
Eschalon Book 1, first chapter of a sequenced game, 100% free: https://www.gog.com/game/eschalon_book_i (the chapters supposedly work semi-independent from each other insuch games)
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - German Extras, 100% free: https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter..._german_extras

So ye, they bloody sell (give away) such things for free.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:13 AM   #14
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

I seems we have a really different view on what's DLCs and (Expansion) Packs.
Demos and extras are not something I would EVER notice, and they are always free hence no point in listing them as "Free games on GOG". xD

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 04-12-2018, 08:32 AM   #15
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranjoHello View Post
I seems we have a really different view on what's DLCs and (Expansion) Packs.
Demos and extras are not something I would EVER notice, and they are always free hence no point in listing them as "Free games on GOG". xD

Well, if you don't consider DLC stuff that are LITERALY CALLED DLC, then right, we differ.

The point of listing demos is, that GoG has some. They don't simply deal in full games. Sure, those are not the main goal of anyone, but until the concept exist, separate from the main games, as half the AAA titles are demos which'll either get fixed (geta full release) or not... A shame on the gaming industry for not releasing demos for the leading games.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:29 PM   #16
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

BranjoHello, guys.

I am sorry, but I agree with what twillight said before.

Incidentally, there are Deluxe Editions, Collector Editions, etc. which offer Extras such as Art Books, Hint Books, Maps, Wallpapers, OST, etc. that enrich the content, or rather, the universe in which the game is inserted.

I, at least, value such Extras. In fact, several Japanese (Bishoujo) games that I own (in one of the previous posts) have those desirable Extras.

Hello,Branjo...
Old 05-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #17
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Too bad that Origin has withdrawn that promotion of the games for free “On the House”...
Old 07-12-2018, 04:49 AM   #18
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Darn, and you have to have them on GoG! So not everything is golden there.
There _is_ one circumvent, actually. From time to time GOG opens so called "GOG Connect" that takes into consideration about two dozen known indy titles from Steam. If you own any of them on Steam, GOG duplicates it on GOG account.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #19
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Thumbs up

Nice info. Thanks, Grandmaster Spectre-man!
Old 13-12-2018, 06:19 PM   #20
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Full Throttle (remastered)

The game is there for almost 2 more days (43 more hours).

EDIT: Also, if you spend ANY money at all (literaly, it only wants 1 USA cent), you get Fantasy General as bonus. I like this attitude.

Last edited by twillight; 13-12-2018 at 10:06 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight