Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
Gaming4JC
Abandonia nerd

Talking TextTris

TextTris is a fun game with the short description "Form words with Tetris style falling letters. Ages 5 - 8" inscribed in plain text on this old 1992 floppy diskette. It also has the tags "Language Arts" and "EN-276" on either side of it's label. Even stranger is a small text proclaiming "Home Learning Software" is the company, although the game clearly makes mention that it is in fact "Acumen Software" which has only 1 employee.

Despite the short description this game is actually a rather fun and puzzling game by the self-proclaimed developer Adrian B. Danieli. The objective is to make words by falling letters which appear as blocks. You can create words vertically or horizontally, and you will loose if the blocks you put do not match and reach the top of the screen. (e.g. identical to tetris game over)

The game has a rather nice dictionary of words and can form complex as well as simple ones.

The game is labeled as "Shareware" but I should think that a game as old as this is currently abandoned. I thought it might make a nice addition to Abandonia as a Puzzle game.

And if anyone wants the official floppy, contact me and I can sell it to you lol.

Screenshots:

Acumen Software Logo from the included DOS Catalog.

Presentation Screen

Title Screen

Game Setup

Saying No to Registration

"GUNS" was found!

"SIZE" was found!

I made it to the high-score list!

My name on the highscore list!

Thanks for Playing

Download Link: <<<<url removed after uploading it on FTP, your folder (TotalAnarchy)>>>>

Last edited by TotalAnarchy; 30-07-2009 at 04:30 AM.
Gaming4JC is offline                         Send a private message to Gaming4JC
Old 30-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i thought this is the review, it's pretty brief and to the point
Quote:
TextTris is a fun game with the short description "Form words with Tetris style falling letters. Ages 5 - 8" inscribed in plain text on this old 1992 floppy diskette. It also has the tags "Language Arts" and "EN-276" on either side of it's label. Even stranger is a small text proclaiming "Home Learning Software" is the company, although the game clearly makes mention that it is in fact "Acumen Software" which has only 1 employee.

Despite the short description this game is actually a rather fun and puzzling game by the self-proclaimed developer Adrian B. Danieli. The objective is to make words by falling letters which appear as blocks. You can create words vertically or horizontally, and you will loose if the blocks you put do not match and reach the top of the screen. (e.g. identical to tetris game over)

The game has a rather nice dictionary of words and can form complex as well as simple ones.

The game is labeled as "Shareware" but I should think that a game as old as this is currently abandoned. I thought it might make a nice addition to Abandonia as a Puzzle game.
Old 30-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

We only host full versions of shareware.
Old 30-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Gaming4JC
Abandonia nerd

Hmm... I'll see if I can digg some info up on the full version. Although this is the only version I know of... o_O

Edit: Good news guys, I'm pretty sure Adrian Daniele is still around. I'll try and get into contact with him concerning this classic game.

Last edited by Gaming4JC; 30-07-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: I think I found Adrian! ^_^
Gaming4JC is offline                         Send a private message to Gaming4JC
Old 31-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Sounds promising! Here the version description:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXTRIS.DOC
Registered users will receive the full version of this game, which enables all options including... 5 letter word checking, triple-word-value bonuses, incrementing level option, a useful practice mode for beginners, and access to levels 6 through 9.

Don't forget to scan the floppy disk if you are able to do so.
Old 19-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
Clariceseah
Default Textris

Hi there!

Has anyone heard of Textris? It is a real classic game where you have falling blocks with letters, and you have to place them to form words in order to make them go away. Like tetris.

I always wondered why no one did an updated version of the game..

Does anyone know where to get a version of this game that words on the current new windows?

Old 22-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
Cluseck
Home Sweet Abandonia

Approved.
Cluseck is offline                         Send a private message to Cluseck
Old 02-09-2013, 03:48 AM   #8
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Question Hmm...

I'm trying to find a game to review, but this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder". In other words, I'm having a hard time understanding what's going on... Perhaps there is some introductory article I should read on forum use? It's kindof strange that someone just comes on here and says "Approved", without saying anything else. It wouldn't be hard to say "Your suggested game has been approved to be included on our site, congratulations!"
I've never really been on a forum, so...
Anyway, I could review this if needed, but it seems like someone said it's already reviewed. Plus I can't even find it on the site. Are we still waiting for the full version to be unearthed by that guy contacting the dev? Kindof confused... LOL.
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 02-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #9
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Exclamation Oh I see...

Oh I see... his version was a SHAREWARE version on a floppy disk, and so we're waiting to get more info on the full version. I get it now. Well, guess I'll continue on this endless search for a game to review...
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ