Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #221
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If you have problems doing it "the easy way", then let's go the hard way instead.

Refer to the official FAQ? and try to do the mounting and such manually, through the command line. If that's too complicated, there is a list of frontend programs there. They usually make everything easier.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-07-2006, 12:19 AM   #222
Guest_Mark_*

I am having a horrible time trying to get this to work. I have installed Xwing here with no problems :

Now that I have done that, I drag the "Xwingcd.bat" file onto the DOSBox program (which is version 0.65). This happens :

I'm totally lost. I tried doing the tutorial earlier on this page, and no luck there either. Can anyone help?

Old 14-07-2006, 12:23 AM   #223
Guest_Mark_*

Update :
If I try to do the tutorial above, I get this when trying :

Old 14-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #224
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Make sure the path you enter in IMGMOUNT command is correct. Right now it is obviously wrong.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #225
Guest_Mark_*

I got the path correct, and still get some error. The point is, I have it installed. It just has the error "Can't find Xwing CD!" above.

Old 14-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #226
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Sorry for the "dumb" question but, are you sure there is a "xwingce.bin" file in your "c:\dosgames\xwingcd\" folder?
Because the error you get is typical when the image file (the .bin one) is missing...
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 14-07-2006, 10:01 PM   #227

Actually,
I changed it so it loaded my ISO. I have no clin what this xwingce.bin thing is....

Old 14-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #228

Better question:
What the heck is this xwingce.bin thing, and where do I get it? All I have is an Xwing collector's edition cd-rom. By archive, I thought you meant extract that cd to a folder (Using something like Winrar). Totally confused.

Old 14-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #229
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 14 2006, 11:07 PM) [snapback]243344[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Better question:
What the heck is this xwingce.bin thing, and where do I get it? All I have is an Xwing collector's edition cd-rom. By archive, I thought you meant extract that cd to a folder (Using something like Winrar). Totally confused.
[/b]
You don't know what is the ".bin" file is? :blink:
Then, what are you trying to mount? :blink: :blink:
Supposedly, the ".bin" file - that you can mount is an "image" of a CD-Rom on your hard disk. When you "mount" that image, your computer will take it like if it is "the real CD-Rom" so you won't need to have the CD on your CDRom drive...
If you have the CDRom of the game (or the files from it - from which you installed the game), maybe what you need is to "mount" the folder containing these files as the "CDRom", example:
mount e e:\ -t cdrom

(where e:\ is you CDRom - replace by the path of the folder where you have the files from which you installed the game)

I hope this as answered (somehow) your questions... k:
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 15-07-2006, 02:31 AM   #230
laiocfar
NOD Commander

As the orc engineer told you you should got a .bin and a .cue files with them and Daemon Tools you get the CD in your new Cd reader. Anyway, there is a good explanation of that in the game´s page.