Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-12-2006, 11:14 PM   #51
Lozzenger2
Abandonia nerd

I meant in terms of how you played the game, building a base, sending out alien ships on a planet with the options to terrorise cities, destroy farm-like areas or intercept patrolling aircraft and attack human bases...pretty much do everything the human side of things tries so hard to stop. And of course with research and such, into new weapons and possibly into human culture? Could be an interesting point of view to take things on, which then leads to the development of more efficient ways to kill people & effectively take over the planet n_n

The looks side of things would be a whole different story.
Though even on the old graphics, Chrysallids had the ability to scare me senseless.
I can just imagine the scene of one breaking out of a person if we had better graphics to work with...I'm sure it'd have to be censored xD
Lozzenger2 is offline                         Send a private message to Lozzenger2
Old 08-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #52
Razor2
Abandonia nerd

Master of Orion 2

Finish Fallout 3 (Van Buren), as it is said, it was 90some% finished when they axed it!

Old 08-12-2006, 11:14 PM   #53
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

Please remember what you will start with plasmas alredy
Unbalance
Old 10-12-2006, 12:54 AM   #54
Talin
Game freak

hm... the earlier parts of Might and Magic series (I-II), and Daggerfall could use a remake, ive seen several of them come and go by the years, but they all sputter and die in the end....
Talin is offline                         Send a private message to Talin
Old 10-12-2006, 02:32 AM   #55
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

A remake of Jack the Nipper 2: In Coconut Capers would be sweet.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/zx-spectrum/...-coconut-capers

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 10-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #56
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

I got one woth remaiking: Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri. Even by today's standards that game is still a great one - the map area is huge. NOt ot mention the options game gives you. with a bit better in game graphics the game would totally rock. although cerain weapon effect were fantastic back then when it came out. the rail gun, the diruptor fire, the smoke...

also they should add some more options in remake like driving one of those spacecrafts like in Halo.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 13-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #57
CorruptMylar
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Carcaroth @ Dec 2 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]269876[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
They should remake Neuromancer. It's a seminal sci-fi book, which became fashion again cause of this 80s revival going on, and would be a really cool game.
[/b]

That would definitly be a good story to start with. Wish they would come out with the movie. From what I read, it still has its foot in the door.
CorruptMylar is offline                         Send a private message to CorruptMylar
Old 13-12-2006, 11:20 PM   #58
CorruptMylar
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Dec 10 2006, 06:21 AM) [snapback]271196[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I got one woth remaiking: Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri. Even by today's standards that game is still a great one - the map area is huge. NOt ot mention the options game gives you. with a bit better in game graphics the game would totally rock. although cerain weapon effect were fantastic back then when it came out. the rail gun, the diruptor fire, the smoke...

also they should add some more options in remake like driving one of those spacecrafts like in Halo.
[/b]
Good call. I liked the booster jump aspect of the game and the mix of strategy and FPS.

I'm trying to think of a game that is close today. I guess Halo is close, but it doesn't really have a stealth component or the strategy like Terra Nova. And games like SOCOM and Counterstrike are too contemporary. Something in between.

Maybe a remake of Starship Troopers - and NOT that pathetic, ham-n-egger movie! I'm talking about the book with the squads of bouncing troops leaping in the air like Hulk in power armor with missles, lasers and fire pills and cool s*** like that!
CorruptMylar is offline                         Send a private message to CorruptMylar
Old 14-12-2006, 06:19 AM   #59
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Starsiege tribes or tribes or something like that is sort of a close one. i think i read that.

also i liked the drones idea where you can scout ahead and either put it on manual or drive it yourself.

I dont' know about Halo 2 but Halo 1 was so painfully boring (the second part) that i had to force my self to play it to the finish. the first part is promising though... but later it's like they were in a hurry and Copy & paste was a major tool to the map developers. plus the squad idea had bigger potential there.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 14-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #60
CorruptMylar
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Dec 14 2006, 12:19 AM) [snapback]271643[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Starsiege tribes or tribes or something like that is sort of a close one. i think i read that.
[/b]
Never played Tribes but I hear it's a great online game for 30 players at a time.

Quote:
also i liked the drones idea where you can scout ahead and either put it on manual or drive it yourself.
[/b]
Yeah, and I think you also had the ability to see from your squadmates point-of-view. In a remake it would be cool to remote control not only drones, but other vehicles. Maybe hack into the enemies vehicles.

Quote:
I dont' know about Halo 2 but Halo 1 was so painfully boring (the second part) that i had to force my self to play it to the finish. the first part is promising though... but later it's like they were in a hurry and Copy & paste was a major tool to the map developers. plus the squad idea had bigger potential there.
[/b]
I wasn't totally impressed with the first Halo either. But Halo 2 was a much better game. They increased the pace of the game considerably and had lots of varied evironments. The vehicles were much easier to control, the weapons more balanced, better music and story line. You should check it out if you can.

But, on the original topic, a remake of Terra Nova could be a lot like Halo except a little more complex. A game where you must come up with a plan of attack and coordinate with squadmates rather than just charge in. A thinking man's Halo.