Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #341
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default These were the games 31 - Five Nights At Freddy's

Some games still proved there were at least ideas still to come up with, and although delivered cheap, they at least told what they are and how to play them (unlike Binding of Isaac for example, where the idea is present, but the delivery is shitty).

Of course in this case they skinned this fox to the bones, or even further, but that's another kind of problem. And at the very least later instalments of Freddy's were actualy new games, unlike what Binding of Isaac did.
Old 18-08-2018, 06:47 AM   #342
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default These were the games 32 - Dark Souls

Maybe, just maybe this might be something. Didn't play it, and my bet goes it has hardware requirement in the skies, because of Very Lazy Programming Skills, but aside that, it MIGHT be something. Let's give the benefit of the doubt.

Old 19-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #343
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Games I would recommend still - Three Sisters' Story

Most games are either not good, or simply interchangable with newer products. But some can be good suggestions for new players for one reason or another.

This is an adult game, but those 99% aim pubertans. This has a good story, alternative endings, and sufferable gameplay. Also opens the gate to these "hentai games" as they were called back then, whatever they euphemised them for now.
This one is also not veryfar-fetched. No ghosts, tentacles, forced intercourse and other potentialy disturbing things.
And nowdays still pictures games aren't common to say the least, so broaden your horizon.
Old 20-08-2018, 10:24 AM   #344
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Games I would recommend still - Abomination, the nemesis project

It is an isometric game... a wee bit similar to Jagged Alience, but real time, and a bit... cheaper. But at least it does not take forever to pass, especialy you can set the length of the game. As it, like X-com games, give the missions randomly for a pool.
There's some HQ-management, character management, and after a while it gains a strategic element too (you'll have to hold out preserving your facilities while the all-consuming enemy slowly but surly conquers the map, so choosing the missions by location beomes important).

Your characters are all technological superheroes. One can carry a mass amount, another is armoured, a third canshapeshift (the skill is a verybadly implemented camouflage skill, use the guy/gal who can turn invisible instead) and so on.

My only regret is, I lost my german copy. While I don't speak german, the voice-acting is just crazy there. Crazy good. "Die Brut kommt!" (The Brood Comes) should be a tagline, or on T-shirt, or something!
Ya, the backstory is, some world-ending, ancient-demon-alien-worshipping genetic-virus-releasing cult attacks everyone, like the Brotherhood of Nod in Command and Conquer.
It's just fun if you let your mind go with it.

#TotalyUnderrated
Old 20-08-2018, 06:47 PM   #345
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Games I would recommend still - Blackthorne

It is a puzzle-platformer. To be honest can be VERY annyoing, as your equipment is needed to advance on the levels, and that means no use of bombs just to easy-kill enemies and such. SUPERannyoing.
But it is a very good mix of Prince of Persia and Shokoban, AND you have a gun. It's worth a try still. Back then this was top notch. Very solvable by the way, just needs some trial&error.
Old 21-08-2018, 07:13 AM   #346
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Games I would recommend still - Clay Agent

Seems the above is just a local title, otherwise it is Agent Gliniarz.

In concept it is similar to Army Men, where your army was made of childhood's plastic soldiers, but their sorrounding remained the real world, so they fought on writing desks and things like that, point is, the items are giant size compared to them, and you could take advantage, like buildinga bridge froma linear, or barricade from a spool of thread and so on.
The claymation is also a unique selling point for this lighthearted aventure game, which never ever gets impossible.
It also has avery acceptable story to its demographic.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:48 PM   #347
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Not realy.
Hungary did maybe some Myst-like tourism-ralted empty-town-lookaround to mention maybe (Myst was crap as fuck, I have the CD, and never played it after 30 min, I slept over the keyboard, awakened by the beeps), and half a handful probably-decent title, like S.W.I.N.E (I hated it, but was NOT crap), Imperium Galactica 2: Alliances, but I try not just to find good games, but point out turning points, or how I remember them, and show "outdated" games do better still than today's craps. Would see others' tale. Maybe their conclusion would be something else.

But hey, I found this, didn't know was hungarian, and in general forgot about it!

This was one of the very first total-obscure-mechanics game, like those "how high you canclimb up" stupid casual dumdums.
Ummm... I guess twillight is not so hungary for Myst-like games...

Quote:
Most games are either not good, or simply interchangable with newer products. But some can be good suggestions for new players for one reason or another.

This is an adult game, but those 99% aim pubertans. This has a good story, alternative endings, and sufferable gameplay. Also opens the gate to these "hentai games" as they were called back then, whatever they euphemised them for now.
This one is also not veryfar-fetched. No ghosts, tentacles, forced intercourse and other potentialy disturbing things.
And nowdays still pictures games aren't common to say the least, so broaden your horizon.
I own the pretty old “JAST USA Memorial Collection” and “Milky House Memorial Collection”.

Well, at least those Collections worked on Windows XP without the need to use any kind of Emulator or Virtual Machine.

I had already finished playing all those old games except “The Season of the Sakura” since its Walkthrough was kind of generic and incomplete.
Old 21-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #348
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

I had already finished playing all those old games except “The Season of the Sakura” since its Walkthrough was kind of generic and incomplete.

That's where you have like a dosen schoolgirls to fall in love with, eh?
Most of them only requires to focus on 1 attribute,and you'll get their encounter.
Only a completionist would want to get all the encounters in one game. I once did it, sadly lost the playthrough, because for that you need a massive amount of mapping for when (day +attribute) encounters can happen, and a crapload of replaying days for top-tear-gains in the early days.

It is a good casual onetimer for a 13-16 year though. The fun is mostly how the game reacts to you.
Old 21-08-2018, 05:06 PM   #349
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
That's where you have like a dosen schoolgirls to fall in love with, eh?
Most of them only requires to focus on 1 attribute,and you'll get their encounter.
Only a completionist would want to get all the encounters in one game. I once did it, sadly lost the playthrough, because for that you need a massive amount of mapping for when (day +attribute) encounters can happen, and a crapload of replaying days for top-tear-gains in the early days.

It is a good casual onetimer for a 13-16 year though. The fun is mostly how the game reacts to you.
Yes, it was a complicated game to complete. I used Walkthrough written by Ben Woodhouse at the time.

Besides that game, “Three Sisters’ Story” was also a tricky one because depending on the order and the action, the result, or rather, the end of the game was quite unexpected.

At least I managed to complete the game “True Love” with all the finals. Obviously with use of Walkthrough and Game Editor.

Now, “Paradise Heights” series, “Love Potion”, “Fatal Relations”, “Amy’s Fantasies”, “Immoral Studies” series would be pretty mediocre ero-games in my opinion (boring and weak plot, storyline, etc.).
Old 21-08-2018, 07:26 PM   #350
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Games I would recommend still - DLC quest

I'd recommend from your list the Immoral Studies series. They are good for a quicky. Takes like 5-15 minutes to pass, and are pretty immoral.

----------------

Current game is something that should have been shareware, as it is a satirical game criticizing the money-hungry game-developer industry. At the start you can only go right, so you have to pay for a DLC which allows you to go left. Then you become able to buy the next DLC to jump, and thus advance yet again in the game...
It's kinda short, and retro-graphic, but has 2 endings at least. Oh, and of course zombie-DLC is included too.