Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #11
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Well, if this minor rant really discourage Kamiko from posting again, then I guess it's not that much of a loss.

C'mon now, how can you have a discussion without having someone who disagree with you? Just try to take your point across and most of the time something great get out of it.

I would not have posted something so negative if the first post of this thread wasn't simply two links with no text added in... An explanation or a text body would have been great.
Old 21-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #12
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Well, if this minor rant really discourage Kamiko from posting again, then I guess it's not that much of a loss.

C'mon now, how can you have a discussion without having someone who disagree with you? Just try to take your point across and most of the time something great get out of it.

I would not have posted something so negative if the first post of this thread wasn't simply two links with no text added in... An explanation or a text body would have been great.
Now I know why is your custom title Friendly Fire
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 21-04-2008, 12:52 AM   #13
12turtle12
Game freak

please ignore EoF's comment....while everyone has an opinion, he is very......blunt.......in his opinions. Much of the reason why we love him, but don't take the things he says without a "grain of salt"

cheers,
Caz
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 21-04-2008, 05:17 AM   #14
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
Now I know why is your custom title Friendly Fire
:laugh:

What do you want... Me and my brother been raised as a child to always tell the truth, however hard it might be. I prefer to hurt someone feeling than to hide myself behind a mask or try to encourage someone who's not doing well to simply continue to produce mediocre results...
Old 22-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #15
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

don't mind eof, he is being an ass most of times for no apparent reason. dunno, maybe he's fat or something=S

i think they were really good =P

Last edited by _r.u.s.s.; 22-04-2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: GREMMER
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Old 22-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #16
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Quote:
:laugh:

What do you want... Me and my brother been raised as a child to always tell the truth, however hard it might be. I prefer to hurt someone feeling than to hide myself behind a mask or try to encourage someone who's not doing well to simply continue to produce mediocre results...
So, you are self-declared arbiter of what is true or what is false, of what is majestic or what is mediocre...
Isn't it to pretentious?
Is it necessary to always tell a truth? Maybe you can just ignore something you dislike!?
For example, I know that my English is "disastrous". But, at the moment I am the only one who have some time to update the site. That include news posts. I'm trying to do my best, but I know that you could easily find a lot of spelling, or grammar, or syntax mistakes. So tell me the truth if you "prefer to hurt someone feeling than to hide yourself behind a mask or try to encourage someone who's not doing well to simply continue to produce mediocre results...", and I will stop with this job.
And that will be completely OK, if you are ready to replace me
To keep it short, I think that you have no idea what the word cooperation means, and that you are to much focused on competition to assert yourself. I hope that is not because of lack of self confidence
Old 22-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #17
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romano View Post
For example, I know that my English is "disastrous".
Your English is a whole lot better than most people's Croatian.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 22-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #18
The Bard
Abandonia Bard

^I agree.

But on the other hand, EoF is just putting up his comments, and bad comments are in most cases much more productive than good ones... I for one would like to have such comments when I post my comic strip, designed for Ab-Times.
All I got for the story I designed for it were "It's Great"-like comments. Don't take me wrong, while I DO giddilly enjoy such comments, I still think some criticism or some advice (even if just personal opinions), would also be very welcome.
The Bard is offline                         Send a private message to The Bard
Old 22-04-2008, 08:52 PM   #19
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
It wasn't meant to be funny. Just like the stripes are not either.

I do not like the childish look of the drawing, the concept is far from fresh or new, and it uses cheap shortcuts to try to make us laugh. Epic fail.

I also hate how 90% of all the "gaming" strips always take Mario as a great winner and Sonic as a great loser. Both should be equals, they simply didn't belong to the same universe.
The majority of Sonic games after Sonic CD are utter shit, there hasn't been a good Sonic game in years, whereas the Mario series still has quality games, even if they have become somewhat redundant.

There's a big difference.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 22-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #20
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
^I agree.

But on the other hand, EoF is just putting up his comments, and bad comments are in most cases much more productive than good ones... I for one would like to have such comments when I post my comic strip, designed for Ab-Times.
All I got for the story I designed for it were "It's Great"-like comments. Don't take me wrong, while I DO giddilly enjoy such comments, I still think some criticism or some advice (even if just personal opinions), would also be very welcome.
Your comic strip is awful