Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-03-2005, 03:39 AM   #41
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

Quote:
Originally posted by einherjar@Mar 8 2005, 08:09 AM
Jews and Muslims don't eat pigs because they are considered unclean.* If you think that people shouldn't follow their religion's rules, then a reality check is in order for you.* If that wasn't what you implied, then you need to take more English classes.
Pork is prohibited in the book of Deuteronomy
And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass. - Deuteronomy chapter 14 verse 8:

A similar prohibition is repeated in the book of Isaiah chapter 65 verse 2-5.

Pork is prohibited in the Bible
The Bible prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus and the swine, as he divideth the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you. Leviticus chapter 11 verse 7 and 8:

Pork-prohibited in Quran
The Qur’an prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places. Its prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.

Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked a name other than that of Allah. [Al-Qur’an 5:3] The above verses of the Holy Qur’an are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why pork is forbidden.

GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 08-03-2005, 08:18 PM   #42
einherjar

Quote:
Originally posted by GraveDigger@Mar 7 2005, 10:57 PM
This is true that what we eat affects our nature that’s why by God we are not allowed to eat carnivorous animals. Pitiful animals like goat, cow, hen, etc are the best choices. In Judaism and Islam, Pork is prohibited though Pigs are pitiful, but its there shameful nature of sitting and eating their own muck and enjoying swapping their mates with each other might be the reason.
You weren't very clear here.

Old 08-03-2005, 09:50 PM   #43
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrater+Mar 7 2005, 09:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cheesegrater @ Mar 7 2005, 09:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Fruit Pie Jones@Mar 7 2005, 04:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-cheesegrater
Quote:
@Mar 6 2005, 07:48 PM
*meep*. I hate society and industrialization.

I don't have a clue what "*meep*" means, but posting on an Internet forum to proclaim your hatred of society and industrialization? Yes, Alanis, that is awfully ironic.
What is your point?[/b][/quote]
Well, the Internet is a product of industrialization. A forum is, by nature, social. If you hate both society and industrialization, why post in an Internet forum? Seems like you'd be a lot happier avoiding the whole thing. For example, I hate getting poked by sharp objects. Therefore, I actively avoid running into them. Thus, I am happier than I would be if I were repeatedly impaled. Now, if happiness isn't what you're after, that's another issue.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:10 AM   #44
YMIHere

Quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrater@Mar 7 2005, 01:48 AM
Vegetarians are cowards. Vegan is the way to go.

[snip]

Ofcourse you can't be 100% vegan because the meat industry is subsidized by the government. Money has animal pigments in it, electronics also do, and all your household cleaners are tested on animals. They are pumped into animal's stomach, rubbed in their wounds, and sprayed in their eyes. Thats why the house cleaners say "contact a physician if swallowed" because they tested it on animals and they know what it does. Not to mention leather and muck and clothing. *meep* almost everything is made from animals.
So don't use them, coward. I love how people who drink milk are cowards, but you aren't even though you use electronics. You could be 100% vegan, but you choose not to because it's an inconvenience. Nothing up there is a necessity, you just choose to use it, like vegetarians choose to drink milk.
YMIHere is offline                         Send a private message to YMIHere
Old 09-03-2005, 06:34 AM   #45
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Some clarification: It is forbidden to eat pork because there is a certain toxin that forms in the carcass of the dead pig. Nowadays pork is always injected in order to neutralize this (dangerous) toxin, but 3000 years ago this kind of technology wasn't around, and the hot climate only icnreased the growth-rate of this toxin, thus it was alltogether forbidden.

As for Halal being a humane way to kill an animal... that isn't exactly true. like the Kosher way of slaughtering an animal it is very torough, but often the animal does go through extreme agony since the knives used for slaughter aren't always as sharp as they should be. This is why recently groups like PETA and Greenpeace have been demonstrating against Halal (and sometimes against Kosher aswell)
Old 09-03-2005, 01:27 PM   #46
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Hmmm, didn't know that, about some of the reasons why pork isn't eatin, interesting.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 09-03-2005, 05:32 PM   #47
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

to each their own, but I really favor meat above everything else. Give me a Prime Rib over a pasta salad any day
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 09-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #48
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc Adrian@Mar 9 2005, 06:32 PM
to each their own, but I really favor meat above everything else. Give me a Prime Rib over a pasta salad any day
see, i'd rather have the salad man.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 09-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #49
Gun Man
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to Gun Man

MMM a tasty cow :whistle:

Lead Designer - IronOak Studios:
PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO
Gun Man is offline                         Send a private message to Gun Man
Old 09-03-2005, 08:54 PM   #50
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Hmm, a tasty steak I wouldn't mind, or even some lam, yum.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude