Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe the official 9/11 story?
Yes. 4 20.00%
No. 16 80.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 12:29 AM   #1
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Hi! I decided to make this poll and leave room for replies to further debate the issue.
I'm doing this because this debate is off-topic for my "1984"-thread, where it originated.

The official 9/11 story is that Al-Qaida terrorists hijacked four airliners on 9/11 and managed to fly three of them into the WTC and the Pentagon.

Airforce fighters were unable to intercept any of the airliners, which were hijacked at intervals of half an hour in between. Both the CIA and FBI had received warnings prior to 9/11, knew that terrorist suspects were training at flight schools, were tracking several terrorists yet they failed to put the pieces together and thus prevent the attacks on 9/11.

The following (former) high ranking public officials do not believe the official story about "9/11."

Former Chief Economist Dept of Labor, Bush Team Member:
Link 1

Former Reagan Assistant Secretary of the Treasury:
Link 2

Governor Jesse Ventura:
Link 3

Former MI-5 agent:
Link 4 Radio clip
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 02-07-2005, 12:39 AM   #2
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Not really, no. :P
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 02-07-2005, 12:52 AM   #3
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Added a link to the radio clip with the MI-5 agent, David Shayler talking on a radioshow.
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 02-07-2005, 12:56 AM   #4
DakaSha
Forum hobbit

im not going to vote as im just not in the position to say whether its true or not. i am interested in how this poll is going to fold out though

DakaSha is offline                         Send a private message to DakaSha
Old 02-07-2005, 01:16 AM   #5
Yobor
Hero Gamer

What do you mean, "official"? Which one is the official one? If you include that extra paragraph about the US failing to do its job, thne I guess I vote yes.

In case you are wondering I haven't voted yet.
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 02-07-2005, 01:17 AM   #6
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Huh? Not sure what you mean. Is it:

Both the CIA and FBI had received warnings prior to 9/11, knew that terrorist suspects were training at flight schools, were tracking several terrorists yet they failed to put the pieces together and thus prevent the attacks on 9/11.

?

So, both the CIA and FBI (and NORAD) failed in their duties. Meaning (according to the US government) that they just need "more money." Nobody in the Bush administration was fired over "9/11" btw.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:21 AM   #7
Yobor
Hero Gamer

Well, I totally agree with the entire first post. What do I vote?
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 02-07-2005, 01:23 AM   #8
Triton

Yeah, I often wondered how the best Intelligence agency in the world could screw something like that up. That and the second Iraq War; all who were responsible for the misinformation America used to justify itself for war were promoted or decorated.

Edit: Come to think of it, Doonesbury ran a comic strip about the Iraq War accountability. A senator was questioning the head of the CIA about why all this was allowed to go on and why it was a career boost for those involved. The strip ended with the CIA person saying "good luck on your campaign, senator" as the senator asked his suddenly silent colleagues for their support.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:23 AM   #9
Evad
Game freak

About that radio show, That interviewer on that show really pi$$ed me off. Instead of letting his guest answer questions, he kept opening his big trap and putting words in his mouth. That mi5 agent probably wanted to gut that bastrd.
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad
Old 02-07-2005, 01:31 AM   #10
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

I voted "no", simply because I don't believe in LARGE parts of the story. Most of it is much to "simple".
I won't go into deeper detail here, though, since the other discussion perfectly showed that it is in vain anyway.
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Closed Thread