Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-10-2004, 01:59 PM   #21
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

In this version, Vega's one of the easiest opponents. I think he's the only one I didn't lose any powers to on easiest mode. Then again, in hardest mode, you don't get that far. Got stuck at Bison yesterday. When he whirls his arms around, he takes over a third of the playing field and if you're in his reach, you're bount to get hit twice, losing almost all your powers. Guille's blast thingamajingy's slightly less deadly. Still way too deadly to be careless around, but at least you can avoid him doing it.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 21-10-2004, 12:52 PM   #22
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Don't know do you other guys know, but Street Fighter was the FIRST one-on-one beat 'em up game. I enjoyed Final Fight or Double Dragon, and when Street Fighter came up (first time I saw it was on Atari) he brought something new. You don't just "get little nervous and then decide to destroy all of the Earth's scum" but every enemy is story for itself. You know, duel, no escaping and special moves, just you and him. There was no option to change character, you're just an ordinary hero who travel through 4 countries.
Street Fighter 2, if my memory is correct, came BEFORE Mortal Kombat, and, at that time, was best in it's own kind of action games. MK brought much various moves, even without special ones and set new level in one-on-one kind of games.

My favs were Blanka and that girl that you talk a lot, not because of her bottom but because she seemed weakest, so it is harder to play. Until I figure out how she can use her legs. (Now that's what I call pair of legs :blink: )

In case that you didn't see the movie, consider yourself lucky.

If someone is interested, SF is not really first one-on-one. It is for PC, SEGA or Atari maybe, but, heh..... :evil:
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 21-10-2004, 01:31 PM   #23
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Well, I have SF 1 here and tried to review it, but kept getting beaten up by the very first guy, so not much to go on for a review. Got to agree that it did look older than Mortal Kombat, but SF 2 looks from at least the same time. Also, how did you get to choose a character in SF 1? Here, it just starts up and you begin to get your teeth kicked out.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 21-10-2004, 02:20 PM   #24
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

In SF1 you can only be Ryu, or Ken in 2-player mode.
Plus, it actually features some special moves: The Hadooken-ball of energy and the Dragon Punch(Sooryuken or something like that), though you can't actually perform them all the time. I remember managing to beat quite some enemies, but being not able to overcome a huge guy called Birdie-later present on SF Alpha.

SF2 is way better and still one of my all-time favourites.
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 03-01-2005, 03:38 AM   #25

well on pc the graphicks are good but the controls are shite because of no extra buttons to the hardness of the punches and kicks i am happy i got SF2 AND SF2 TURBO ON SNES

Old 03-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #26
Mumrah
Lurker

Gotta agree with Marko, although for me SF2 was all about the two player challenges.

'Back innda day' my buddy and I would go to arcades all over London. You would almost always a group of guys playing SF2, and if you did, there was ALWAYS one guy who could beat everyone.

We would watch the game for a while to get a feel for the crowd, then without a word one of us would step up for the challenge. We were both quite good with Blanka, so we would use Ken, Ryu, Chun Li or Guile to soften them up. If things started to get tricky, a quick switch to Blanka and all was right again. The look of shame & dismay on you foe's face as he goes to get change for a fiver after being repeatedly pummelled by the green beast is priceless.

Sometimes there was no need to unleash the beast!, sometimes it was me getting change.

…happy days

I have a version of this on my GBA which is identical to the arcade version and I still play it today so I guess I just love it.

Happy New Year!

Ps. Mortal Combat, what’s that all about then??
Mumrah is offline                         Send a private message to Mumrah
Old 25-02-2005, 05:31 AM   #27
AugustoDevil
Angry

a love this game to !!! But i have downloaded it and could not play it, should be dbecouse I have windows 98 or it doesn`matter, this game rum in dos I know i tryed it before but, wait a minute i will try download the ms dos by the site

Old 25-02-2005, 05:34 AM   #28
Deviobrazil

http://www.abandonia.com/images/games/Stre...ighter%2023.png

preatty cool game, it hurts?

Old 09-03-2005, 01:33 PM   #29
DerinStar

Guys,

Would you like to teach me about the control of all fighters here?. I mean, how to release "sonic boom' by Guile, "sho ryuken" by Ryu + Ken, and others.. sorry for my lucky english :whistle:
DerinStar is offline                         Send a private message to DerinStar
Old 05-07-2005, 05:50 PM   #30
punch999
The true Shadow President

HYDOUKEN!!!!!!!!!!!! HYDOUKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! HYDOUKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man i can't get enough of that. To bad my dad hates it since he wasplaying ping pong with me for a hour and there was a arcade machine in the back which was street fighter 2. And all the demos would show would ken be firing HIS HYDOUKEN!!!!!!!!! I randomly scream it just to annoy him some times.

punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999