Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 PM   #21
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Looks good to me actually! So when do we start?

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 13-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #22
Taskmaster
Super Freak

I'm at your beck and call. If you will provide me with the exact text that you would like to see, I will get it done. Please feel free to "say" as much as you would like, but...

More text means 1) Giving the the dialog more height, or 2) Scrolling or changing the text on a timer.

Neither one is an issue, but just something to be aware of. Depending on the lowest resolution you want to support - 640x480, 800x600, etc.- I will not exceed that size and adjust accordingly. What is the minimum resolution you want to support?

Background color choice is also your call. Folks have made a couple of suggestions. 1) I have the red color that matches the logo, which I can soften abit. 2) Some have suggested the beige color sort of like the color used for the forum. 3) I can use the default color, which is the grey, but can be changed by the user via Window's Display settings. 4) Or we can select a few colors that look nice and randomly select one each time the program is run. That option includes everyone's opinion.

(Keep in mind I can control the text color as well so white text on a red box is just as easy to do as green text on a yellow background.)

Old 13-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #23
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I'll pinch Maikel to take a look at this and decide what would be best in terms of color and design. It would help if you could post a big 1:1 version of the window and mark which segments can be altered so that he may decide on the best combination. As for the text, I'll work on that in the meanwhile.

The size of the window should be as small as possible. It would be a little annoying if the window would cover half the screen. Off the top of my head I'd say somewhere between 350-400 pixels in width, and whatever will be required in height by the text.

Old 13-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #24
Data
retired

If I get this right.
Include an executable into every archive which will show the abandonia logo when ran ?
So it's not obligatory to run that executable ?
Old 13-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #25
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

hey, since we r changing those zips, maybe we could also add archive comments?
like this
(what kind of retro would it be without ascii )

oh http://www.sendspace.com/file/f2a378
Old 13-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #26
Taskmaster
Super Freak

Well, I develop on a laptop with 1600x1050 resolution, so what I had was a bit larger than you were expecting. I have decreased the width of the display, which required that I reduce the logo width as well as the font size - from 14pt to 12 pt.

Below are two 100% (1:1) images that will give you a better idea.

The first image shows what portion of the dialog can be sized. Most likely it will need to be increased (height wise) for more text, if desired. The width is based on the logo so that everything looks symetrical, so that is not really open to change.

The second image shows the 4 other color settings I have implemented. Currently the program selects one of the 5 color options and uses that. If you decide that only one color configuration is desired, I will remove the others, otherwise I will leave it with the various options.

Folks interested in actually seeing it as it currently is can download here: Abandonia2.zip

By the way, a ZIP comment can be added at the same time as the EXE using the batch file idea I discussed a few posts back. Simply add the -z "Blah blah" to the command line. Again, test one or two to ensure the command is correct.
Old 13-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #27
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

can you put "new lines" in comments when done that way? (cause of ascii)

btw this forum-background-thingy looks also nice
Old 13-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #28
Maikel
Abandonia Homie

Hey Taskmaster. Great idea! I'm going to contact you through PM.
Maikel is offline                         Send a private message to Maikel
Old 13-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #29
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Just one thing, we can't really just outright block all non-windows users with this. There has to be an alternative for them

Old 13-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

zip comments?