Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Invalid Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #11
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by David86 View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't have a copy of the game.
We need the archive first, is there a volounteer who wants to upload it?

Whatttttt ??? WHAAAT?? Jagged Alliance 2 is Abandoware?

Hey i've the original CD (i think it's a some sort of economic package, with 2 CD, JA2 & JA 5 WildFire in a little simple box, a little manual and a very little official strategy guide). So the volunteer is here, but now another kind of volunteer must be founded... someone who can help me to learn how to transform the CD content on a file that can be uploaded :worried:

All of this, if possible, because at the moment my PC is quite old, quite broken and i generally hate tecnological thinghy (that means: probably i don't have software required nor competence to use it )

P.S. : in case the post is quite confused, excuse me but i'm a JA fan's, i'd noticed this post only now... and i'm a bit shocked
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 14-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #12
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Perfect!
Well, I'm not an expert, but you could create an ISO with Nero.
Does someone else have other interesting ideas?
Old 20-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #13
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

MagicISO works wonders... also Alchohol 120% and so on...
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 14-03-2008, 01:28 AM   #14
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

Ok, i've founded Alchool 120%, tried to read the instruction and, as I feared, I have understood practically nothing! :nuts:

Well, this problem can be solved later... now there are other problems (1 big, at least as far as i know, and 1 little) :

The big problem
Browsing the Cd i noticed that the installer (that contain the whole game) is big... 622 Megabyte ! If i remember well, limit of about 50 mega is still in charge...

I'd JA2 installed so i'd given a look to the game folder: about 100 between Folder/Subfolder/file for a total of 902 mega. In order to obtain a ripped version i think that :Npc_speech.slf [173 Mb], Speech.slf [223 Mb] and few other files can be trashed... but we are however talking of about 500 mega, and i don't know if the game taken 'already installed' from my pc, uploaded (let's say) on Abandonia and then downloaded by another hypothetical user wil work :worried:

The little problem
About Boxshot and the strategy guide. Unfortunately the 'main game' of the package is the mod JA Wildfire and not JA 2. In other words, in the package (from wich boxshot must be taken) and in the strategy guide is written in big flaming words Jagged Alliance 2 Wildfire :confused: Is this ok?

As a side note : for the strategy guide, the only part that differ from JA 2 is the weapon list and eventually i can rebuild it in html format.
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 18-04-2008, 12:18 AM   #15
esgmaster
Super Freak

Jagged Alliance 2 is not abandonware. Both Gamestop and Stratgy first are offering downloads for sale.
esgmaster is offline                         Send a private message to esgmaster
Old 18-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #16
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

You're right, it's the gold edition, release date: 2006

http://www.strategyfirst.com/en/game...Alliance2Gold/

Thanks.

[SOLD] also at GoG and CDROM USA

Last edited by TotalAnarchy; 16-11-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Dave is offline                         Send a private message to Dave