Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-06-2005, 02:07 AM   #1
Triton

So if you're an American or Canadian, or you were unlucky enough to hear about it as much as we did, you would know about the verdict in the Michael Jackson case. Most people are unhappy with the verdict, as to them Michael Jackson is a creep who made it big.

Now, I couldn't care less what the verdict was. Why should I care what happens to celebrities? What have they done? They made their fortune singing or acting. Good for them. Why should we care if they're getting divorced (again) and having storybook weddings? They put their pants on the same way everyone else does, right? So why does the media have to fawn over every little thing they do? You don't see ordinary people getting as much attention for crimes unless they are priests or mass murderers.

Old 17-06-2005, 02:22 AM   #2
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Because celebrities are real easy to mock.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 17-06-2005, 02:23 AM   #3
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

because they have money and to muchj if you ask me along with power and people get paid to write about these people sadly but i pay no attention to these people maybe if its a band or just a favorite actor/comedian but really dont give a crap who hes screwing and whos whiping his behind. i have no clue why america can be crazy about that (i live in the us) maybe some1 knows :help:
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 17-06-2005, 02:25 AM   #4
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

It's like you guys fill the voids in your lives with trivia from someone elses....
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 17-06-2005, 02:42 AM   #5
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

id rather read the weekly mag the one thats got all that fake senseless crap like bin laden clones hitler and armies of super dinos now thats entertaining :whistle:
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 17-06-2005, 02:58 AM   #6
Evad
Game freak

I believe the people who are interested in this case look at MJ and think, now why in the hell would you go a totally f_ck up a great thing like you had? Regardless if this breaks him in the bank dept. he'll always have his very own never-land that he can take with him where-ever he travels.
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad
Old 17-06-2005, 03:53 AM   #7
Triton

Quote:
Originally posted by Shunk Eat Enemy@Jun 16 2005, 10:23 PM
because they have money and to muchj if you ask me along with power and people get paid to write about these people sadly but i pay no attention to these people maybe if its a band or just a favorite actor/comedian but really dont give a crap who hes screwing and whos whiping his behind. i have no clue why america can be crazy about that (i live in the us) maybe some1 knows* :help:
The Brits do that to this day with Princess Di. Should I care about who she was seeing 15 years ago? I couldn't care less what the paparazzi had to say about her back when she was alive, and I still can't care less now. Should I care about Prince Chuck and his new wife (or whatever title the pretentious Brits gave her)? I think not.

Who really gives a flying f-word about the British nobility? All they do is sit on their rear ends, get more attention than anyone JUST for being born, and they make money for not doing a damned thing.

Old 17-06-2005, 05:31 AM   #8
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I never pay any attention to this kind of stuff, and so if they are questions in trivia I hardly ever know the answer.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 17-06-2005, 06:22 AM   #9
Kearnsy
Games Master

Im definetly with you Triton.
The problem is that some people just love a gossip. if is scandalous they wouldn't care who it was, but if its someone that others know (eg: Celebrity) they can b**ch about em until the cows come home.

Now onto the tabloids: blah blah blah ... Michael Jackson!....blah blah blah blah.
This is entertainment!!! :eeeeeh:

...anyway Ive have my little rant thanks for hearing me out.
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 17-06-2005, 12:26 PM   #10
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I never liked gossip :not_ok:

But i think that it will never end cause it's a big business pushing fashion and so on...