Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #121
Japo
Autonomous human

This has also been answered before. Although I never knew they allowed you to detect enemies, because I never use them. The manual doesn't say what the tap percentage is, but my guess is the probability of intercepting any message from or to that hideout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
The headset has nothing to do with the bugs. It's a motion detector, with it you can see enemies in other rooms as dots on the floor plan. It's very handy, I always pick it.

The bugs are for listening after you've left the building. It has the same purpose as taping the phone line from outside. I never pick them because they take a precious slot, and I know if a wiretap was successful or not when I make it, whereas I think (did I read this in the manual?) terrorist may search for bugs depending on their alertness, and remove them.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #122
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

I really like this game, is there any way to interrogate the suspects in jail?
Aramazon is offline                         Send a private message to Aramazon
Old 06-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #123
Japo
Autonomous human

You mean the terrorists you've arrested? I don't think so, and I think I've read the whole manual. Try opening the red floor safe boxes in his hideout.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #124
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

okay thanks, speaking of manuals though: I can't find one anywhere...can you help me find a manual for the game?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #125
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

What about a German one?

[edit] Or English? [/edit]
Old 07-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #126
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

Thanks I managed to find one on HOTU...anyways great game!
I started out on the second difficulty level and that was pretty easy, but then I switched it up to the 3rd and now it's kind of a challenge plus more fun! I can't wait until I can play on the hardest, though really, it seems like it's going to be insanely difficult. I love it though, like I'm already usually rushing through break ins, I run out of ammo, enemies throw grenades hardcore...and the jailbreaks are actually pretty difficult, though I managed to stop my first one!

I just can't get over the fact that in 1990 there was such an amazing real time game with so much action...I mean it's really intense, jumping over stuff, ducking to dodge grenades, throwing grenades back, shooting, hiding behind filing cabinets...this stuff is insane! I haven't gotten to a mastermind on 3rd difficulty yet, but judging from the amount of baddies on the 2nd diff level, it's going to be insane!

Anybody else loving this game?
Old 07-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #127
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I really love this game...however Sid has said that he isn't to proud of it. Something about feeling too much like a bunch of mini-games, to me it is a really great game with lots of depth and replayability.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 07-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #128
Japo
Autonomous human

He reached that conclusion because he judged that this game hadn't been so popular as other of his games, or as it could have been. But myself, I don't know if you can really reach conclusions only because one game is not as successful as Civilization.

Covert Action was a moderate success and nowadays still many people remember it. Master of Magic was big too (bigger) and it had the battles "mini-game", which most people absolutely love, including myself. And judged from that point of view, Pirates! is a bunch of mini-games, and it was a huge success. But when Sid re-made it in 1993 and 2004 he didn't change that, for the latest version he even added the dancing mini-game on top of the others.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #129
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

Okay so I'm on 3rd difficulty now and I find that I can't get the mastermind...I can only get him on the 2nd crime since then I'm given his name and I can search that in a computer.

What I want to know is: is there another way to root them out on their first crime? What would lead me to a mastermind since they don't seem to communicate with their underlings...?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #130
Japo
Autonomous human

Combat is quite impossible in the hardest difficulty level (just like in Sword of the Samurai), maybe if you train enough, dunno, I got owned mos times when I tried. You can pick the hardest level, but assign more training to combat. The rest of skills get also very hard at that level, but it's just a matter of learning them, they aren't about reflexes like combat.

About finding the mastermind:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Masterminds are hard to catch because they (almost) never involve themselves in the crime in a way you can investigate easily, so you never identify them during the course of your normal investigations, like the rest of the agents. (Only once I saw one mastermind send a message, that I intercepted.)

This is my method to nab masterminds, AFAIK it's pretty much the only one. When you're placing a wiretap (not afterwards when you intercept a message thanks to it), and every time you examine (F1) file cabinets and desk drawers after breaking into a building, people's names appear. Some of these names belong to agents involved in the crime, others to random people unrelated to the crime. Within the former case, it's possible for the name of the current mastermind to appear--it will appear sooner or later.

The files about normal agents involved in the current crime can be filled with information coming from all sorts of normal sources (wiretaps etc.). But you'll never (hardly ever in my experience) be able to do the same with the mastermind. So what you have to do to identify the mastermind is, note down ever random name you get. Then search it in the computers at every opportunity, until you know the role of that agent in the current crime. Exclude the ones you already have identified, unless you need further information about them. You'll get a lot of random agents unrelated to the crime; but eventually after more or less tries, depending on luck, you'll get the mastermind. As with incriminating evidence, I have often broken into the same building repeatedly, only to be able to search in the computers as many times as I needed.

Once you have identified an agent's role as "mastermind" you can arrest him. Of course you need to know his organization and city.