Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-03-2005, 05:42 AM   #61
maracle

Toby -

Well done!!! That worked like a charm, I had no idea what I was doing with DFEND when I went through all those settings to create a profile, but I did what you mentioned - changed IRQ, installed DOSBox, etc. and when it came up suddenly sound was working. And it went into the intro, which it wasn't doing before.

I can't wait to play this...I actually bought the boxed version a year or so ago for about $10 to play again, but the combination of no sound and a mouse that moved VERY slowly forced me to give up.

Syndicate was always a blast, so I'm really looking forward to this.

One thing I might point out to others that go this route...I found that the mouse speed was still a problem, so using dfend I right clicked on my syndicate profile, selected edit, and on the general tab I changed the mouse speed from 100 to 250. I had to experiment for a while to get it where I liked it, so you may want a different value.

Also, I found that when I got to the main menu instead of controlling the green mouse arrow I was getting a magenta "shadow" mouse...this is easily fixed by alt-tabbing away from DOSBox and then selecting it from the program bar.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally posted by maracle@Mar 6 2005, 06:42 AM
Also, I found that when I got to the main menu instead of controlling the green mouse arrow I was getting a magenta "shadow" mouse...this is easily fixed by alt-tabbing away from DOSBox and then selecting it from the program bar.
If I know what you are saying, you could more easily, just click on the DOSBox program while it's already open. You shouldn't have to alt-tab or anything.

If what I stated is a different scenario than what you are talking about, just disregard this message.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:12 AM   #63
Mr.B

hey im having alot of trouble getting syndicate running using dosbox i can get sound but it jutters extremely slow (i've done all thats been suggested), but just using normal dos4gw(1.74) i could get it going, small lags with the mouse and no sound.. i've done everything that these posts have suggested but have those problems.. just gunna list my pc specs and hope someone can help me cause i REALLLY wanna play this again!!

intel celeron 533mhz
about 320mb sd ram
direct agp hardware 11mb dynamic video memory

ye my pc is old and crap LOL
thanks

Old 15-03-2005, 06:03 PM   #64
easylad

Talking

what a game

the second 1 was good 2
easylad is offline                         Send a private message to easylad
Old 17-03-2005, 06:19 PM   #65
Nyerguds
Game freak

There seems to be an error in the review... the Syndicate agents are NOT androids... they're cyborgs. The intro clearly shows them kidnapping some guy to turn him into one of these mind-controlled cyborgs.
Nyerguds is offline                         Send a private message to Nyerguds
Old 17-03-2005, 11:14 PM   #66

Must Have for all Neuromancer, Cyberpunks and Runners :evil: Syndicate the world

Old 20-03-2005, 01:44 AM   #67
Blayze
Smile

Does anyone know how else to get the damn sound working on this game???? I have a $5000 Toshiba laptop, and I cannot for the life of me get the damn sound to work....but the game plays ok!
Does anyone know a better emulator than DOSBox that might solve this problem??

Old 20-03-2005, 08:53 AM   #68
TaloN
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Blayze@Mar 20 2005, 02:44 AM
Does anyone know how else to get the damn sound working on this game???? I have a $5000 Toshiba laptop, and I cannot for the life of me get the damn sound to work....but the game plays ok!
Does anyone know a better emulator than DOSBox that might solve this problem??
VDMSound.

search google for it, install it, right click synd.exe (or whatever the syndicate application is) and click run with VDMS sound.

should work, thats hwo i get sound.
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 09-04-2005, 03:01 PM   #69
Kearnsy
Games Master

Love this game!!! but I got addicted to the SNES version and never came back to it. the SNES versions a bit different but still awesome k:
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 20-04-2005, 03:43 PM   #70
Nyerguds
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by TaloN@Mar 20 2005, 10:53 AM
VDMSound.

search google for it, install it, right click synd.exe (or whatever the syndicate application is) and click run with VDMS sound.

should work, thats hwo i get sound.
Know what the stupid thing about that is? They GOT VDMS on Abandonia. They should just put that VDMS button on more games :tai:
Nyerguds is offline                         Send a private message to Nyerguds