Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #21
Nick
Переводчик помаленьку

Send a message via ICQ to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

Plagiarism isn't something new. One our Russian band called "Aria", which many people count as great band, stole much riffs and style from Iron Maiden. So I deleted it to Hell, after I got Iron Maiden. Much better than that.

Nick is offline                         Send a private message to Nick
Old 27-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #22
D-Force
Lurker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick @ Jan 27 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]276693[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Plagiarism isn't something new. One our Russian band called "Aria", which many people count as great band, stole much riffs and style from Iron Maiden. So I deleted it to Hell, after I got Iron Maiden. Much better than that.
[/b]
If they payed the original singer/song writers then there is no problem, but what happend here is that they earned big bucks for this and didn't payed the artist that wrote is. That's sad.
D-Force is offline                         Send a private message to D-Force
Old 30-01-2007, 01:55 AM   #23
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

Although stealing music is deadly wrong, I think p2p is good for obtaining rare songs that would cost you a lot otherwise. And if you are just using them for personal reasons, I see no reason to stop now.

One of my fave songs (Thinking of You by The Colourfield) was never issued on CD in the UK, and can fetch up to £50 on eBay.
Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted
Old 30-01-2007, 06:44 AM   #24
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Cwaazy P3nguin
Although stealing music is deadly wrong, I think p2p is good for obtaining rare songs that would cost you a lot otherwise
Hmmmm, not really sure what to make of that. Obviously you don't think that it is so deadly wrong that you would never do it... ergo, you don't think that it's wrong at all.
I can reccomend Emusic as a cheap and legal music site - they have some pretty good obscure music on there and not so much mainstream junk.
Old 30-01-2007, 09:42 AM   #25
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cwaazy P3nguin @ Jan 30 2007, 03:55 AM) [snapback]277087[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Although stealing music is deadly wrong, I think p2p is good for obtaining rare songs that would cost you a lot otherwise. And if you are just using them for personal reasons, I see no reason to stop now.[/b]
You know that this statement is self-contradictory, right?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-02-2007, 02:20 AM   #26
VERTICAL PIG

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Data @ Jan 23 2007, 10:42 AM) [snapback]276093[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I don't care
[/b]

HAHA what makes your reply so funny is your Data av that goes with it!! hes just looking at you like hes concerned that he dosent care LOL ....or something, it just gets me
VERTICAL PIG is offline                         Send a private message to VERTICAL PIG