Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #1
The Levitating Nun
Game Wizzard

1. How do I change to the cancer setting or Proteome folding only?

click on preferences in the ud agent
then click on 'modify this device profile' (it takes you to a web page, you will need to log in)
then on the website it takes you to 'my device manager', click on profiles, then click on 'default'

this takes you to the settings, you should probably not mess with the other settings in there, unless you have a big harddisk with lots of free space, and want to increase the space to allocate to ud.
leave the schedule alone.
then just unclick the proteome folding project, this leaves just the cancer project as your choice.

2. How often do I get points?

You get points everytime you reach 100% on a research. UD agent runs automatically when you switch on the computer however you can switch it off if you want to.

3. How do I find out my stats?

Just click on "view your scores and rewards" on the main screen of it and it loads up the site where you need to type in user name and password and you can view your stats and the team's stats.

4. How come the points on the PC are different that then ones on the net?

The information on the net is updated at midnight GMT everyday so the points on your computer will be different if you've just sent off a set of results.

5. Is it safe to use on my PC?

I believe so, it's no different to posting on a forum or playing an online game, your internet connection is not shared and it's less dangerous that using a p2p file sharing system.

If anything else comes up I'll put it in. Thanks to xoopx for some of that information.
The Levitating Nun is offline                         Send a private message to The Levitating Nun