Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #21

Just finished level 53, and that was the end of this game.

Levels 1-50 get increasingly difficult, but levels 51-53 then seem easy by comparison.

I vaguely remember the first fifty levels from playing another version of this game back on some sort of BSD UNIX mainframe in the early nineties. It used some curses type character based layout, but the same 50 levels as this DOS game IIRC.

The last three levels of the DOS game are from somewhere else I think.

Still, I really like this DOS version, I think it's a good straightforward implementation.

Next, I'll be playing the sokoban game that's on found on some Linux systems, under KDE, it looks quite difficult.

Old 18-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #22
Dark-Star

Wow, my first PC game *ever*

However, my version looked different, i.e. it had a different CGA palette. Are there two versions? Or what would I need to do to get the game run in cyan/blue CGA color scheme?

--Darkstar
Dark-Star is offline                         Send a private message to Dark-Star
Old 09-06-2007, 02:38 PM   #23
Guest_joe_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wormpaul @ Oct 7 2004, 01:58 PM) [snapback]16322[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by aaberg@Oct 4 2004, 09:02 PM
If you manage to complete level 12, please tell me. I could never complete that level, had to jump over it

If you are able to do that, I would very much like to know how k:
Ill will go play it again...

And when i have finished lvl 12 ill write a walkthrough for ya :bye:

EDIT:

I just finished lvl 1 t/m 10...piece of cake nowadays...but stuck at lvl 11...very frustrating but i`m almost there k: (at lvl 12)
[/b]

HEY DID YOU BEAT 11 YET NEED WALKTHROUGH

Old 09-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #24
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_joe_* @ Jun 9 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]293680[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
HEY I NEED THE LEVEL 11 WAlkTHROUGH PLEASE
[/b]
Go to: http://www.youtube.com/ and search for Abandonia. You will find level 11 solution there
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 04-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #25
LightNinja

Levels 1-50 are the original levels but you can make your own levels on the numbers 51-99 with the built-in level editor... i guess this Version you can download here just has 3 custom levels already done by the one who uploaded it or someone else.

I wonder if there is a way to convert the Standard-ASCII-format which most Sokoban-Clones use for Levels (see Wikipedia) to the old binary format the original used for custom-made levels... Anyone an idea? But propably not possible without knowing the source code of Sokoban.
perhaps you could write a program which would fake the inputs in the built-in Level-Editor to reconstruct the levels ingame you gave as ASCII-file beforehand...

Sokoban Directory looks quite confusing anyway... :wallbash:

Old 20-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #26
Kai1992
Lurker

Hi,

can somebody tell me, how I can edit a level. Please write an instruction. Thanks
Kai

PS: If you speek german, please write it in german. thx
Kai1992 is offline                         Send a private message to Kai1992
Old 17-07-2009, 03:29 AM   #27
LaFey
Abandonia nerd

Spectrum Holobyte where not from Japan - far from it - they were based in California, US - they only got the license to sell the game in the western market. They did the same with Tetris, except Nintendo was on to the same trail and they got the license for home computers while Nintendo got the console license.
Old 18-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #28
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Big problem with the game is, that it uses the Windows' clock (sets it to 12:00).

That's just another reason why I prefer the windows-version instead of the DOS-variant.

Worst thing in the game it has no ending-screen, no save...
Old 26-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #29
Ripperian
Forum hobbit

I'm playing this game once in a while. I'm in level 36 now. The only level I had to find help for the solution until now was level 30. Very tricky that one.

Last edited by Ripperian; 20-03-2015 at 01:37 PM.
Ripperian is offline                         Send a private message to Ripperian
Old 20-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #30
Ripperian
Forum hobbit

On level 37, I had to look for the solution again. I complicate it myself in some place, and in other spot, in the same level, it was really hard.

---

Then, yesterday, I reached the level 42. I have a version of the game with a bug on this level that makes it impossible to solve. Watch out with that. You can go crazy.

Last edited by Ripperian; 20-03-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Ripperian is offline                         Send a private message to Ripperian