Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-05-2006, 02:02 AM   #61
Nazgulpenguin

UDATE-
i reinstalled Daemon tools (whereusave decided not to come along this time thankfully) and it sort of works. I am able to mount it , but nothing happens. i click on the system tray icon and reselect the .iso to mount it and still nuthin.

Old 02-05-2006, 05:52 AM   #62
velik_m
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by nazgulpenguin@May 2 2006, 01:39 AM
DAEMON tools wont work for me. When installing it, it forced me to install a "bonus" program, which my system identified as malware. After running the install i removed the "bonus" program which was called something like "wereusave". Well DAEMON tools wont work now, the clicking the icon causes nothing to happen, and running the .iso with it gives me: ERROR: error in command line. I downloaded a different program, WinImage. This allowed me to extract the contents of the .iso into a folder on my hardrive, which i did. After trying to run the setup.exe, the one i presume is for windows not the dos based one, i get the following: General file transfer error. Please check your target location and try again. Error number:-1

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Nazgulpenguin*hotmail.com
extracting iso to a directory will definately not work. If you have a CD burner, you can burn the iso to the CD.

I can't offer you any help on Daemon tools as i never used it.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #63
nazgulpenguin

i got to work finally. i would have posted sooner about it but i have been playing it! its so great, its one of the games that practically defined my childhood. for future refrence for others, when you mount an iso with DAEMON tools, you have to go to "My computer" and the iso is displayed there as if it were a cd in the drive. i felt real silly when i finally figured it out. :blink:

Old 15-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #64

why do i get this message when trying to unzip this game that says the file is password protected?

Old 15-05-2006, 03:39 PM   #65
velik_m
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@May 15 2006, 02:01 PM
why do i get this message when trying to unzip this game that says the file is password protected?
What tool do you use for unzipping?
Old 15-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #66
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

ZIP file is not password protected. maybe it was a bad download or something. after oyu unzip it once you will get an ISO image file. this is exact "picture" of CD. you need to use Daemon tools or make a CD out of it (with XP cd bruner or Nero Burning ROM...) in order to propperly install and play the game.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 24-05-2006, 01:00 AM   #67
faralar
Abandonia nerd

Why isn't HOMM 2 abandoned yet? is it still sold?
faralar is offline                         Send a private message to faralar
Old 26-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #68
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Of course it is, Einstein!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 26-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #69
Hamster of Doom
Abandonia nerd

You can get HOMM 2 if you buy the HOMM 5 Deluxe or Limited Edition. It comes as an extra with these versions. (Of course that isn´t very cheap, if you´re only interested in HOMM 2 and not HOMM 5. )

Now to something completely different: I´m a bit confused, that you can download the Windows version of HOMM but the DOS version isn´t available. Ok, this version has an editor, that´s missing in the DOS version, but that doesn´t change the fact, that it´s the same game...
Hamster of Doom is offline                         Send a private message to Hamster of Doom
Old 28-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #70
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

Yes it's still sold - actually it's a wonder HoMM I has been abandoned - all of the games in this series are simply including all the expansions - Price of loyality, Armageddon's Blade, Shadow of death, etc, etc, etc......Can't wait to get my hands on HoMM V!!

/Raasted
Raasted is offline                         Send a private message to Raasted