Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 14-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #21
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by lethe@Jul 14 2005, 12:02 PM
Maybe those that spend their lives trying to learn that, myself I have no desire of being one with any god.
So, according with what i said, you will have what you want: you will not be one with God! That's why God is so just!

Quote:
that "heaven" sounds way too boring to me.
I think that afterlife isn't like "waiting in an hospital room", with nothing to do and all smiling togheter, or you know, something like that...

Probably there will not be the time passing, so will be impossible to get bored... :bleh:
Old 14-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #22
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by lethe@Jul 14 2005, 12:02 PM
Besides, a "soul" can be understood in so many ways, and I believe in the scientific way better than the religious one.
is there a scientific defenition of a soul? I've never heard it before. could you tell us?
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 14-07-2005, 12:13 PM   #23
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by lethe+Jul 14 2005, 12:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lethe @ Jul 14 2005, 12:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Triton@Jul 14 2005, 01:58 AM
There is no need for anything because the human heart has the one thing it truly desires, which is to be one with God.* Food and water are not needed because there is no body.
Maybe those that spend their lives trying to learn that, myself I have no desire of being one with any god. Besides, a "soul" can be understood in so many ways, and I believe in the scientific way better than the religious one. Therefore, that "heaven" sounds way too boring to me. [/b][/quote]
The concept of continuing on literally forever in my current state of separated self sounds like a hell, not like a heaven. And yet Christians believe this; even desire it. I find that, with due respect, amazing.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 14-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #24
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Borodin@Jul 14 2005, 12:13 PM
The concept of continuing on literally forever in my current state of separated self sounds like a hell, not like a heaven. And yet Christians believe this; even desire it. I find that, with due respect, amazing.
well maybe heaven is like neverending sleep. you don't feel that you're doing nothing. they do promise it to be *very* peceful. ah, a neverending nap in the clouds...
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 14-07-2005, 12:23 PM   #25
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s@Jul 14 2005, 12:18 PM
well maybe heaven is like neverending sleep. you don't feel that you're doing nothing. they do promise it to be *very* peceful. ah, a neverending nap in the clouds...
Who doesn't like naps? :angel: :zzzzz:
Old 14-07-2005, 12:43 PM   #26
lethe
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s+Jul 14 2005, 12:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a1s @ Jul 14 2005, 12:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-lethe@Jul 14 2005, 12:02 PM
Besides, a "soul" can be understood in so many ways, and I believe in the scientific way better than the religious one.
is there a scientific defenition of a soul? I've never heard it before. could you tell us?[/b][/quote]
Aristotle defended that the soul and the body are inseparable. The soul would be something resembling a personality, containing our desires, principles and emotions. I personally agree with Piaget, those things can be/are influenced by one's surroundings. Looking back in my past, I can find at least one reason for anything I have interest in, wouldn't you agree?

Another issue that puzzles me: It's written in the Bible that if you live a good life, your gift would be to stay on Earth. So heaven is the place where the evil/not so good souls go when their bodies die (If you believe in ethereality of the soul). I haven't been in a mass for years, but I think the priest kinda teaches the opposite?

Kill, desire, envy, enrage, be lazy, eat more than you can possibly imagine and ultimately commit suicide, and you'll have heaven's doors wide open for you.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 14-07-2005, 01:12 PM   #27
vendetta7

Quote:
Everyone is trying to get to the bar.
The name of the bar, the bar is called Heaven.
The band in Heaven plays my favorite song.
They play it once again, they play it all night long.

Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.

There is a party, everyone is there.
Everyone will leave at exactly the same time.
Its hard to imagine that nothing at all
could be so exciting, and so much fun.

When this kiss is over it will start again.
It will not be any different, it will be exactly
the same.
It's hard to imagine that nothing at all
could be so exciting, could be so much fun.

Heaven is a place where nothing every happens.
Heaven is a place where nothing every happens
©1977 Talking Heads

:twisted: :angel: :whistle:
vendetta7 is offline                         Send a private message to vendetta7
Old 14-07-2005, 02:29 PM   #28
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Don't Know what heaven is. But one thing i know : it's a stairway that leads to it, when it's a highway that leads to hell. :twisted:
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 14-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #29
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s+Jul 14 2005, 12:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a1s @ Jul 14 2005, 12:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Borodin@Jul 14 2005, 12:13 PM
The concept of continuing on literally forever in my current state of separated self sounds like a hell, not like a heaven.* And yet Christians believe this; even desire it.* I find that, with due respect, amazing.
well maybe heaven is like neverending sleep. you don't feel that you're doing nothing. they do promise it to be *very* peceful. ah, a neverending nap in the clouds... [/b][/quote]
And would you want in your current state of existence to have unending anything? I wouldn't. Sleeping forever...? Why do that? I would want to change, to grow. To be caught inside myself as I am isn't any place I'd want to go.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 14-07-2005, 03:04 PM   #30
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Borodin@Jul 14 2005, 02:56 PM
Sleeping forever...? Why do that? I would want to change, to grow.
Uhmm, growing forever? It sounds me like going forever to nowhere...
If you have no destination to reach, why grow?