Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-03-2005, 05:49 PM   #1
razzie
Lurker

Arrow

i've been getting kind of annoyed with my computer lately... heres the story: i downloaded kazaa 3.0 right... downloaded a couple of songs, then i realized that i was experiencing problems with it.. i got these warnings about not following the firewall rule, since i guess i can say made some adjustments while it was downloading since they ask for certain connections and acesses.. its hard to explain but i hope i'm not losing anyone here. So after i experienced thoose problems i decided to go to the control panel and remove the program.. it worked, but i'm still getting this message that pops up while i'm on the internet that has something to do with an error going on with the internet.. it asks weather or not to send an error report.. and weather i choose or not.. the window closes on me! well one thing i'm glad for is that my hotmail and messenger is in top shape, no problems with it... but i get so annoyed with this problem because i have trouble going to forums and checking my messages on mmto
( meetmeinto.com) if anyone knows any solution to this problem or any ideas.. reply so i can fix the net on my comp!
Thanks

razzie is offline                         Send a private message to razzie
Old 27-03-2005, 06:04 PM   #2
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Well make sure you either uninstall Kazaa and NEVER install it again, it contains tons of spyware and adaware, to help you with your problem, do the following.

Download Lavasoft's Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy, you can get both at www.download.com, should be on the front page near the bottom of the screen, scan with both and remove anything it finds with both programs, hopefully that will help the problem, if not post back.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 27-03-2005, 06:17 PM   #3
NrmMyth
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathDude@Mar 27 2005, 06:04 PM
Well make sure you either uninstall Kazaa and NEVER install it again, it contains tons of spyware and adaware, to help you with your problem, do the following.

Download Lavasoft's Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy, you can get both at www.download.com, should be on the front page near the bottom of the screen, scan with both and remove anything it finds with both programs, hopefully that will help the problem, if not post back.
DeathDude is right. Kazaa is crap and you don't need it. Try other P2P tools.
Old 27-03-2005, 06:26 PM   #4
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Another program you could try from www.download.com, could be Webroot's SpySweeper, it's on a 30 day trial but you can update the program and remove spyware and such with it, try a scan as well with this and hopefully these 3 will remove all the kazaa remenants.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 28-03-2005, 12:56 AM   #5
Caged
Game Wizzard

Straight from the in-progress database of spyware removal utilities:

KazaaBGone

Download File attached to use k:

WARNING:
HAS NOT BEEN TESTED, CANNOT VALIDATE ITS AUTHENTICITY
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Caged is offline                         Send a private message to Caged
Old 28-03-2005, 01:54 AM   #6
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I've seen that program, it'll remove the contents of Kazaa, but it will break your internet connection so you can't go online, this is a fact that I saw on the creator's website, try using the programs I suggested, and if all else fails you could try this, imo.

Old 28-03-2005, 01:46 PM   #7
Caged
Game Wizzard

Deathdude, thx for the info, will make sure to add it
Caged is offline                         Send a private message to Caged
Old 28-03-2005, 02:26 PM   #8
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

No prob. k:

Old 28-03-2005, 04:45 PM   #9
Jim6
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via AIM to Jim6 Send a message via Yahoo to Jim6

I've had quite a good time using Limewire - it's open source, and uses Gnutella. No spyware or anything!

Jim6 is offline                         Send a private message to Jim6