Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #31

Crashes every time after I pick up the phone and talk to the library chick. :ranting:

Old 30-06-2005, 12:33 PM   #32
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yeah... it does that sometimes... try running it without sound and save after the scene!
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 30-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #33
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The game's really, really buggy. Maybe you have not done something before that the game creators expected you to do.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-09-2005, 01:51 PM   #34
Ronin99

Im new to all this emulation thingy and i could do with some help. I used to love playing this game and I need to try and get dosbox to work but im crap with dos and have no idea how to get it working. I am trying to follow the readme but im getting nowhere. Can anyone help?
Ronin99 is offline                         Send a private message to Ronin99
Old 06-09-2005, 02:24 PM   #35
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You'll need to be a bit more specific, I'm afraid: What version of Windows are you running, what did you do and what exactly isn't working for you?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 06-09-2005, 03:17 PM   #36
Toxik
Game Wizzard

Is it only me or does this game really go really slow even in the dosbox?
also I was playing(i think it was the scene when climbing back on the balcony with the gargoyles)and all of a sudden,(guess what)the game crashed.no error report no nothing
heh Ive seen NES version of this game.only in chinese or something like that i cant really tell the difference.
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 06-09-2005, 07:01 PM   #37
Ronin99

Thanks for replying. Im running Windows XP. When I say im getting nowhere I mean I dont know where to start to even get a game running on dosbox. I got as far as trying to get rid of the Z at the start of the prompt but I cant even get that to work despite following the readme.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #38
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I'm afraid that unless you tell us what exactly isn't working (i.e. what exactly you're trying to do and which error messages you're getting etc) it's very hard to say what your problem might be. One thing you might try, though, would be to head over to the troubleshooting forum and have a look at some of the DOSBox help threads there. If none of those problems sound like the one you're having, create a new thread about it, but it's probably some very basic thing which is covered there somewhere. For example a common problem is caused by the fact that there's a mistake somewhere in the tutorial where the directory is given as "COSBOX" instead of "COS".
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 08-09-2005, 12:45 AM   #39
Ronin99

I have tried to follow the step by step guide for dosbox but i cant get the exact things to happen. I downloaded Flashback like in the guide and followed all the steps but when it comes to installing the game it just says "illegal command". The guide also shows the FLASH.EXE files in the demo picture but i dont have any of that. Where am I going wrong?
Old 08-09-2005, 06:28 AM   #40
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Look, this is the Darkseed thread, so we're rapidly getting off-topic here. If you're having problems running Flashback I suggest that you post either in that thread - or, better still, in the troubleshooting forum. To me it sounds like you're having a general DOSBox problem rather than a game-specific problem, so chances of somebody being able to help you will be higher if you post in the troubleshooting forum.