Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #11
patryckslasher
Also Known As patryckpo

Send a message via MSN to patryckslasher
Cool Good News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expack2 View Post
Confirmed. Given Abandonia now accepts non-English games...

Mall Mania - [APPROVED]
Good to know that, in fact I'm here to say that YouTube user TwinsensBrain have contributed with a English version. If you want, I can provide an Installer (that's more like an extractor with an interface) with multi-language versions.
Anyways, here's a link for the disc:
Mall Mania US CD.rar NOTE: 4shared link
I didn't even tested it, but looks like the real thing. Later I'll post the multilanguage installer on another sharing site. If you want, I can provide a review if you're thinking on uploading on the main site.

EDIT:Tested and good to go! I'll try to upload the game-only version, if you want, with the multiple languages(because this one has the music tracks and is ready to burn on a CD, so you'll need to install; it's not that it "installs", it just extracts the game files and create shortcuts)

Last edited by patryckslasher; 03-10-2014 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Already tested, updating post...
patryckslasher is offline                         Send a private message to patryckslasher
Old 01-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #12
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Gladly accepted, I see no reason not to put it on main site. Screenshots as well please
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 03-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #13
patryckslasher
Also Known As patryckpo

Thumbs up About that review...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Gladly accepted, I see no reason not to put it on main site. Screenshots as well please
Great, I'll use this post to send the images, how many you'll need? About the review, you can use the one I posted on Home of the Underdogs, that you can see below (I decided to improve it, in my opinion it was more an introduction than a review):

Quote:
How about mix supermarket elements with racing ones?

Those guys have done it making one good racing game where you run against other players grabbing groceries around a supermarket.

In fact, I waited to play this game since the first time I saw it on the developer's site, back in 2003. Man, this game was hard to find! Anyways, you can have a good time playing this short game, where you race against a maximum of 3 players offline and online using one of the 10 characters available in 5 areas (or markets): Mini, Wood, Orient, Aqua and Future.
You can play in 4 modes:
The main game, where you race against other players and try to get all the items in your list before anyone does;
The foodfight, where you must get a random item around the area chosen;
The quiz mode, where it's asked a question about the items in the game where you say if it's true or fake;
and The cart race, where you must get flags in order to complete in the smallest time.

It's not a hard game, after you play around 3-5 times you begin memorizing where's each item and things tend to become more easy, even on Hard difficulty.

The game supports Internet play, but I don't know if it still works, after all the developer and the publisher's website is down, maybe it works on local network...
If you're up to play something different you need to play this one, an average game for your weekends.
Now, back in the post...
I'll take some time since I'm at work right now and without network access on these days, but I'll surely post the screenshots today or tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #14
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Great. As for screenshots, number can vary. Since your review is not very long, I guess between anywhere between 4-8 shots is fine. Please make one shot of title screen. Or if there is no title screen (it is rare but happens), that choose something that you find appropriate. It is the shot that appears when searching for the game. Example: in Teenage Mutant Turtles - Arcade Game, title screen was just a load of text, and after resizing nothing would be understandable. So I choose a shot where all four turtles can be seen from the intro.

As for review, it's good and I guess it doesn't need to much explaining what's it all about. By the way, where is your review on HOTU, I can't find it?

I'm a bit confused about archives. Let's put it this way. On main site is preferred that archive is ready to play, or almost ready to play. If you have something that needs to be burned on CD (or mounted instead), like CD image, that we can host it in ISO Cellar. If I understood correctly, you can provide both?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 05-10-2014, 12:27 AM   #15
patryckslasher
Also Known As patryckpo

Arrow Hmm...

Quote:
Great. As for screenshots, number can vary. Since your review is not very long, I guess between anywhere between 4-8 shots is fine. Please make one shot of title screen. Or if there is no title screen (it is rare but happens), that choose something that you find appropriate. It is the shot that appears when searching for the game. Example: in Teenage Mutant Turtles - Arcade Game, title screen was just a load of text, and after resizing nothing would be understandable. So I choose a shot where all four turtles can be seen from the intro.

As for review, it's good and I guess it doesn't need to much explaining what's it all about. By the way, where is your review on HOTU, I can't find it?

I'm a bit confused about archives. Let's put it this way. On main site is preferred that archive is ready to play, or almost ready to play. If you have something that needs to be burned on CD (or mounted instead), like CD image, that we can host it in ISO Cellar. If I understood correctly, you can provide both?
OK, so let's begin with the screenshots:
Images
There's 6 over here.

About the review:
Here: Mall Maniacs Review
I go there by the name patryckpo (if you search on Google, most of the content you find with this name is me )
Well, this site was good, but after they removed the forums, things just got worse...

About the archive:
On my site there's the three languages now available for download, but in separate packages, and those games all go by different names, and by what I saw, the items on those games differ too. The page where those downloads are is http://mallmaniacs-en.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html. I'm thinking of uploading a file where you can access those three languages in one executable, just extracting it on somewhere on HD and running this executable to play the game. I did this, but those languages are packed and must be extracted before playing (The whole thing weights ~60MB). I'll see the results with the unpacked data and post the results. And the link I posted above is the CD-ROM package that TwinsensBrain contributed for me. It works, I burned it with this custom executables and it's working here.
Here's the packed one:
Mall Mania Multilanguage for Abandonia

EDIT: Nah, it works only if content is packed... I'll work on something easier later, but for now this is what we got. I'll upload the multilanguage installer now and post the link soon. I forgot to say: yes, the file above is the ISO+CUE, so I guess this goes to the ISO Cellar.

Last edited by patryckslasher; 05-10-2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Checked the results of unpacked data and... no go. For now, at least.
patryckslasher is offline                         Send a private message to patryckslasher
Old 06-10-2014, 12:40 AM   #16
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

If items differ in different versions, than we want all three separately. Possibly best to put three version in three different folders (ENG, SWE, FIN) and then pack all three folders into one archive (probably 7zip). No need to bother yourself with custom executable for choosing languages. If all three version packed are under 300MB, it is good enough.

Also, the US version you uploaded to 4shared is English only and it is ISO+CUE, right?
Old 06-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #17
Ermuli
Home Sweet Abandonia

I can provide CloneCD images of Finnish Mega Game I and Mega Game II.
Ermuli is offline                         Send a private message to Ermuli
Old 07-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #18
patryckslasher
Also Known As patryckpo

Quote:
If items differ in different versions, than we want all three separately. Possibly best to put three version in three different folders (ENG, SWE, FIN) and then pack all three folders into one archive (probably 7zip). No need to bother yourself with custom executable for choosing languages. If all three version packed are under 300MB, it is good enough.

Also, the US version you uploaded to 4shared is English only and it is ISO+CUE, right?
But how you'll do it on the main site? Are you going to create multiple entries or use only one entry for all three? I guess that one entry is less confusing...
And yes, the archive I posted back there has the three languages, they're just packed to work with the custom executable. You download it, unpack, run Autorun.exe, select a language, click "Install", unpack the contents to a folder and open maniac.exe. That's it.
Here's the archive again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by patryckslasher View Post

Oh, I almost forgot: there's a little extra inside: nGlide (to use the 3dfx mode), this one must be installed, can be used on many games.

The ISO+CUE is the English only version. For now it's the only exact copy of the disc we have right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermuli View Post
I can provide CloneCD images of Finnish Mega Game I and Mega Game II.
I believe that would be great if they have CD tracks.

EDIT: The English version has a feature missing: A quiz-like mode. I'll try to fix this later. For now, you can use any of the other languages' executables or use the edited one on my site and see if it works.

EDIT2: I managed to get a link for the Swedish ISO. I'll post the link to help you all later, when I finished testing... That'll be today or tomorrow.

Last edited by patryckslasher; 13-10-2014 at 07:46 PM. Reason: EDIT:Forgot to say something. EDIT2:I managed to gem my hands on the SWE ISO, updating...