Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-05-2007, 09:10 PM   #601
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ May 19 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]290897[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I'd love a bit of help, as I'm failry newbie'ish when it comes to this.

- I have downloaded Daemontools and mounted the game file as CD-Drive D:\

- I have installed the game on my C:\ drive.

- I start up DOSBox and mount the game directory C:\ and the CD-Drive D:\

When I run LOLCD.EXE in DOSBox, it tells me that it doesn't find my CD drive.

What to do?
[/b]
you dont need any daemon tools. just unpack the game on to your HDD, mount the directory with dosbox. in dosbox run setup and, after choosing settings, run "LANDS"
Old 24-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #602

I'm terribly stuck in this game due to a kind of glitch that I've never encountered in a game before.

If I put a rock at my feet, I simply cannot target it... the mouse cursor turns into the "walk backwards" pointer instead. I have gotten by this issue on most occasions, by approaching the item from a different direction so that I can successfully target it. I'm in the Urbish Mines now, though, and need coal for the machine in order to drain water from a flooded stairway. I use the pickaxe on the cave wall so that the coal comes off, but its simply impossible to pick any of it up as it lies in a dead-end, so that I cannot approach from other directions.

What causes the problem I'm having the the navigation cursors? It was never a problem when I played the game a few years ago.

I'm playing through DOSBox.

Old 25-05-2007, 07:35 AM   #603
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Did you try to step one space back and see if you can pick it then up? That usually works, when you can't pick things from the same space up where you're standing.
Also, try to turn yourself to right or left, that helps sometimes, too.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 25-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #604

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scatty @ May 25 2007, 07:35 AM) [snapback]291289[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Did you try to step one space back and see if you can pick it then up? That usually works, when you can't pick things from the same space up where you're standing.
Also, try to turn yourself to right or left, that helps sometimes, too.
[/b]
Of course, that was the first thing I tried, and it does often help... however, the way those pieces of coal are placed, it doesn't help at all.

Old 25-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #605
Zerqent

First, to whoever posted above me.. Turn floating cursor of, thats what those arrows on your screen are.

Second, I just love this thread, found it by accident when I tried to figure out what that "Gnarl" sword really is for.

So for my "discovery", I don't know if this is anything new, my random luck or whatever..

Many years ago, I once experienced getting some kind of Halberd from the creatures in Opinwood (the non-orcs). I often tried to get it again, but never quite succeeded doing that. But today I actually got two, and in Yvel..

So I always follow the "be-nice" rule, give money to strangers etc. What happened today was that I first explored Yvel, and picked one of the locks in the NW corner. (The place where there is two locked doors). Coming out from that door I went across the street to an open door. Inside I found "Halberd Sever". After exploring Yvel I went to the white tower to start exploring there. 2 x Long Sword "Gnarl" dropped for me in lvl 1, so I goggled them to see if they had any uses and found this thread. I realised I had never had the "Hand of Fate" spell before, so I exited the Tower and went back to Yvel. While searching for the door with the scroll in, I accidentally went into the same room where I had found the Halberd earlier. And guess what, there was a new one there now. "Halberd Widow", which is actually gives my character more might than a regular Great Sword.

My theory is that it spawned due to me setting free the prisoner in Tower lvl1. I have no idea if this is true though, just got that theory from reading some other comments.

Dunno if this is anything new, but never happened to me before. And also think it's my first time picking that chest in tower lvl 1 on my first try and getting the nice Shield

Old 25-05-2007, 11:32 PM   #606

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tito @ Apr 10 2007, 07:37 AM) [snapback]286528[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Finally got it! You have to use dagger Stilleto and Razor in the "Dagger in, dagger out" hole. After that, you can pick the lock that appears in that same place after switching the button to the right. The wall will dissapear and you'll face a chest that I had to smash (maybe with a high level rogue you can lockpick it, I'm not sure). Inside there is the Jeweled dagger. I have to say that the silver cup way is much easier, but gives less experience.
[/b]

Actually you just need one of those "special" daggers. I at least have confirmed uses of both a stick and star to unlock it. Still need one dagger though.

(Sorry for two posts in a row, might register tomorrow )

Old 25-05-2007, 11:46 PM   #607

This may sound really stupid...

I have played this game many times, but I am not sure of two things.

1) Where EXACTLY do you get the Hand of Fate scroll? I remember getting it once but never again.
2) Where DO you get Caustic Fog? I didn't even know this was a spell you could get until now...

Old 26-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #608
Zerqent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ May 26 2007, 01:46 AM) [snapback]291385[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
1) Where EXACTLY do you get the Hand of Fate scroll? I remember getting it once but never again.
[/b]

This is where I think I got it last night :P -- Where my cursor is

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ May 26 2007, 01:46 AM) [snapback]291385[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
2) Where DO you get Caustic Fog? I didn't even know this was a spell you could get until now...
[/b]
Does this thing actually exists as a spell? Or are all references only to the green skull?
Zerqent is offline                         Send a private message to Zerqent
Old 26-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #609
Scatty
Treasure hunter

I know there's this "death ghost" spell, forgot it's name right now, and it's a level higher than Hand of Fate. But where one can get it this I don't recall, but it is available.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 26-05-2007, 12:09 PM   #610
Zerqent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scatty @ May 26 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]291435[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I know there's this "death ghost" spell, forgot it's name right now, and it's a level higher than Hand of Fate. But where one can get it this I don't recall, but it is available.
[/b]
That's the Mists of Doom spell. Think you get it in the Catwalk Caverns or about that time at least.
Zerqent is offline                         Send a private message to Zerqent