Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
To7m

Arrow Trugg - 1995 DOS game, the full version (Level Editor).

Trugg, a http://www.digitalworkshop.com/ game, now unlisted on their website, is a boulder-dash type game. The limited version consists of one zone, Cyberium, and its 20 levels. I've got the full version, which includes the harder zones of Conquistador and Nebulari, both with 20 levels, and Spirithouse, with 21. It also includes Trugg Junior, a 20 level beginner's zone. Juju and Kidzone (10 and 6 levels, respectively) are included. There's another zone (Netmare) somewhere that I haven't been able to find, so that's not included. The level editor allows you to edit levels, and even create your own zones, but I think each copy of trugg only allows 20 zones, and each zone has a maximum of 100 levels. As it's a DOS game, you'll probably need DosBox to run it, as Windows has so cruelly removed DOS, and apart from some lagging while switching between zones, DosBox makes this game work fine for me. Here's a few things people may find interesting: I've found a few fun glitches, including the lazer-bomb glitch (allows you to make stuff including another door), the eating a guardian glitch (using the fast left/right things to eat a guardian), and the shooting a lift while inside it glitch (allows trugg to temporarily cease to exist). Also, if you make your own zones, I think here would be a good place to post them - I may well do the same.

Last edited by To7m; 10-01-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Updating the content to fit in with the rules/advice
To7m is offline                         Send a private message to To7m
Old 10-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
langolierz
Lurker

Default Hey!

Hi thanks for the Trugg post! I have fond memories of playing this game on our old pc and am enjoying reliving the fun plus bonus new levels! My brother and I have also extremely enjoyed creating levels for each other to try and beat in the editor (the download worked perfectly fine here first try btw) and might even post up the levels we make too (if only I knew how!)
Besides thanking you, which is the primary function of this post, I also have a question to ask relating the editor which you may or may not be able to help me with: when you select the worlds in the game, each different world has a title screen which is displayed in this menu, but when we select our custom made world the picture is blank. Do you know of a way we can edit this picture? any ideas would be appreciated. And we'd play your custom worlds if you put them on here!
thanks again,
Tim
langolierz is offline                         Send a private message to langolierz
Old 10-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Please use the on site PM system to contact or ask to be contacted by other board members. Leaving your email lying around isn't smart.

Second if you want a game to be onsite please ask for it in the Request or Offers forum. Depending if you are requesting the game or offering it that is.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 10-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
To7m

I once managed to make my own zone picture, but have now completely forgotten how to I think the pictures (.LVL and .FIN) are in .pcx format, but that's all I know
As for posting zones, [zone].LVL, [zone].FIN, [zone].MAP and [zone].NME are the files you need, after you start playing a zone, a [zone].LST file is created, I'd recommend that you don't post that with the others, as it lets you skip ahead to the last level played.

Thanks (DarthHelmet86) for correcting my post, I'll try to use the Offers forum to share this game, but is posting download links to self-made levels allowed?
To7m is offline                         Send a private message to To7m