Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-11-2011, 04:46 AM   #1
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Thumbs up PC Gaming Deals Thread

Post here if you know any good PC gaming deals going on online. Anything goes. It can be, for example, a Steam daily deal, GOG deal, one of those indy bundles or even online store thats selling physical copies.

To kick this off, there's a new humble bundle called "Humble Voxatron debut bundle". Introduces a new game called "Voxatron". You can pay whatever you want and part of that goes to charity. If you pay 4,50$ or more, you'll also get two great indy-titles; Blocks that Matter and Binding of Isaac. Both Steam and non-steam versions available.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

EDIT: And Evil Genius is 2,50€/$ on Steam for today. Great purchase if you liked Dungeon Keeper and/or you're into 60's espionage.

Last edited by TheChosen; 02-11-2011 at 06:16 AM.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 03-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Steam is having a Tropico weekend! Very appropriate, as I just bought retail copy of Tropico Reloaded last week. I highly recommend this series of comedic strategy games, where you build and rule a banana republic with your iron fist! Viva El Presidente! (Unless its Tropico 2, where you rule a pirate island with your iron fist. Aaaar!)

While the 4th game is still quite new and costs 30€ even on this sale, you can get the first 3 games for 6,79€! (Includes Paradise Island add-on for first game and Absolute Power DLC for third game).

El Presidente orders you to buy Tropico! Viva El Presidente!

Last edited by TheChosen; 03-11-2011 at 09:27 PM.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 05-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Gog is having a weekend sale on Enlight Software's Strategy games! This includes games like Capitalism, Seven Kingdoms and Warlords Battlecry 3. Prices vary from 2,39 to 3,39$ and you can get all six games (Two Capitalism games, two Seven Kingdoms games, Warlords and Restaurant Empire) for only 19,14$!

Personally, I recommend getting Seven Kingdoms 2, which is a great strategy game that has plenty of unique aspects which makes it quite different compared to say, Age of Empires.

http://www.gog.com/en/page/promo_enlight_mix

First-person tower defense game Sanctum is 4,99€ on Steam for this weekend and if you're unsure about buying it (or you didnt buy it from that indy royale bundle not long ago) its also free to play for this weekend!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/91600/
Old 11-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

GOG has Anuman weekend this time, with 60% off from 16 of their titles. None of them arent really for my taste, but meh, maybe someone else would like to know. Syberia's are worth mentioning.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/anuman_games_3

New Indie Royale bundle is available, this time called "Difficulty pack". It includes NightSky, Fate of the World, Scoregasm, Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! All different kinds of games. Same rules apply like last time: Buy at the price, it goes up. Buy at higher price, it goes down. As of writing this its been around 2,50€ to 3€

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Nothing really awesome on Steam right now, except both Day of the Defeats are on sale on 75% discount (1,25€ on original, 2,50 on Source version).
Old 14-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
Panthro
Man of Science

Alpha Protocol is currently £5.10 on Steam (daily deal, so less than 20 hours left).

It's a great action-RPG, I really enjoyed playing it. It got a lot of stick for being buggy and stuff, but I never noticed any major bugs (and it's been patched since).

One recommendation I would make is to use a 360 controller rather than mouse and keyboard. The game was made with consoles in mind, and it handles far better with a controller. The hacking and other mini-games in particular work amazingly well with a controller but very poorly with a mouse/keyboard.
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 16-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

For those who loved old adventure games that came with feelies and such, Telltale games is having a special campaign. Get both Back to the Future special edition and the newly released Jurassic Park special edition for 69,99$. Maybe a bit pricey, but you'll save up 24,99$. And the extras are gorgeous.

http://www.telltalegames.com/dbld
Old 16-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #7
GTX2GvO
The (Web)Space Pirate

Can't run Elder scrolls V: Skyrim (yet)?

Then get Elder scrolls IV: oblivion on Steam!
Both the GOTY edition and the GOTY DELUXE edition are 75% off on steam.
Respectively €4,99 & €6,24

Member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
GTX2GvO is offline                         Send a private message to GTX2GvO
Old 18-11-2011, 12:12 AM   #8
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Several great deals on Steam for this Weekend.

First of all, its the first anniversary of the Super Meat Boy, an excellent and incredibly difficult adventure game thats really fun and frustrating at the same time. 6,99 right now, but thats not all! On sale are also several other games that have a character make a playable cameo at Super Meat Boy. The price for these games is 50% off, and it includes:

- Aquaria (4,99)
- BIT.TRIP BEAT (3,99)
- BIT.TRIP RUNNER (3,99)
- Braid (4,49)
- Gish (4,99)
- Machinarium (4,24)
- VVVVVV (Totally recommend this to all Commodore 64 lovers out there. For only 2,49, you cant go wrong with it!)
- World of Goo (4,49)

You can also buy all of these, Super Meat Boy and Half-Life 2 in a 22,59 bundle! You'll also get soundtracks of Super Meat Boy, Braid, Machinarium and BIT.TRIP games.

Another weekend deal is popular action RPG Magicka, which is also laced with a lot of humor. For this weekend, its 2,49, 7,49 in four-packs (buy 4 copies of it, give 3 to your friends for guarantee multiplayer action) and 6,24 with all 10 DLC's. Not sure if you want it? Then give it a try right now! Whole game is freely available until the end of weekend.

And finally, SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition is 2,50 for today.
Old 18-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
And finally, SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition is 2,50 for today.
When was "today"? It's 9.99 now, right?
Old 18-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #10
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
When was "today"? It's 9.99 now, right?
Yup. Its over now. The daily offer changes at 6 PM (GMT).