Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #31
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Telltale Games have started their own Christmas sale! Every season (excluding the newly released Jurassic Park, Hector: Badge of Carnage and Puzzle Agent, as well as some minor non-season games.) are now 9,99$! And dont forget the Telltale's usual offer: If you buy the entire series, you'll get it on DVD for free, as long as you pay the shipping and handling!

Not only that, but you can also download free episodes! First episodes of Back to The Future and 2nd & 3rd season of Sam & Max games are freely available for limited time. Go get yours now!

http://www.telltalegames.com/tis-the-season

EDIT: Im also hearing rumors that the Steam is gonna have once again a huge Christmas sale, and not just be content with the daily game special contest they're having right now. Good to know.

Last edited by TheChosen; 17-12-2011 at 02:52 AM.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 19-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #32
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

The yearly Steam Christmas sale has been kicked off. From today to 1st of January, there will be dozens of daily deals!

Other deals include:

Huge package deals where you can purchase every title of certain distributer/developer. Normally the games would cost about 400-600 when bought separately, but for now, they're going for less than a hundred. For example, there are Square Enix pack, Ubisoft Pack, Sega pack, THQ pack, Telltale pack, Rockstar pack, Valve pack, Paradox Pack and so on. All the package deals are available until 2nd of January!

Normal publisher deals, for example: 50% off all Valve titles, 40% off all Lucasarts titles, 25-50% off all Bethesda titles and so on!

Several daily deals. Todays deals include both Max Payne's for 3,74 (2,49 separately), Just Cause 2 for 4,99 (first one for 3,24), Amnesia for 3,74 and several more!

And just like last year and this years Summer sale, you can participate on contest. Its a bit complicated, so I'll just copy paste what Steam says.

Quote:
The Great Gift Pile challenges gamers to complete up to six objectives each day. Completion of each objective grants the chance to win a free game or discount coupons for select games available on Steam. If you don’t win, no worries, you’ll be given a piece of coal. But hold onto that coal!

Why?

Coal is the ticket to enter the Epic Holiday Giveaway. It’s called Epic because the top prize is every game on Steam. The more coal you have, the better your chance of winning. Players may alternatively choose to magically mix their coal into something shiny and new by “crafting” seven pieces into a gift from the Great Gift Pile. So this year receiving coal is a good thing.
So its either a free games or a change to win it all!

Last edited by TheChosen; 20-12-2011 at 12:14 AM.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 23-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #33
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

While I bought the Little Bunch bundle, I was also introduced the service that hosted it, Get Games. It was some sort of digital download service, and not that bad. Strangely enough, these games DO require Steam, so I guess they give you Steam codes when you buy it or something. Dunno. Price's are in Euros too, but havent checked if it matches with the Steam prices (or specifically, the Steam's dollar prices).

So yeah, reason Im telling this is because they're throwing their own Christmas celebration deals. Its no Steam sale, but there's some good ones.

24-26 December
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover 80% off
Football Manager 2012 50% off
Deus Ex Human Revolution 70% off
*Sweet!*

25-29 December
Red Orchestra 2 60% off
Batman Arkham City - Buy this, get Batman Arkham Asylum FREE!
Renegade Ops 4 Pack 60% off

28 December - 2 January (price's to be announced)
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Frozen Synapse
Stronghold Kingdoms
Sonic Generations
Men of War Assault Squad

So head down there and check it out. http://www.getgamesgo.com/category/our-games-of-2011
Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #34
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Just a remainder that Steam has returned pack to the standard daily-deal basis last Monday. Check these out yourself if you're interested, because Im not gonna post every daily deal; just the most interesting one's. If you think however, that the daily deal is worth mentioning, make a post yourself.

And funnily enough, when I was posting the news about the new X-Com I found out X-Com is today's daily deal on Steam. You can get the whole franchise, from Enemy Unknown to Enforcer, for only 5,09. Or 1,69 each.

And for some more basic strategy enthusiasts, Steam has released a Age of Empires 3 collection and it will be 18,49 (50% off) this weekend.

New Indie Royale is up; The New Year's Bundle! Games include Nuclear Dawn, Max & The Magic Marker, Fractal and Super Crossfire. Pay more than minimum and you'll also get a chiptune album "Beautiful Lifestyle".

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Get Games has plenty of good deals available as well. Check out their "Cheap as chips" section with plenty of titles going for around 2-12£. They also got Mafia 2 for 4,99, Borderlands for 1,99 and Football Manager 2011 for 4,99. There's also the Batman bundle: Buy Batman: Arkham City (29,98) and get Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the year edition for free! Another bundle is Men of War pack, which has both Men of War Gold Edition and Men of War Assault Squad for 12,49.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/specialoffers
http://www.getgamesgo.com/category/cheap-as-chips
Old 05-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #35
Panthro
Man of Science

Gamersgate has the complete X-COM bundle for a mere £2.49 (not sure if the price is as good for other regions).

The first game alone is worth that money, and they're all DRM free.
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 05-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #36
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

3,74 in euros, so you'll save up around 1,30. Not a big difference, but still a pretty good find.

Never really checked out Gamersgate. How's their service and offering?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-XCOM/x...te-pack-bundle
Old 06-01-2012, 01:57 AM   #37
Fleabass666
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
3,74 in euros, so you'll save up around 1,30. Not a big difference, but still a pretty good find.

Never really checked out Gamersgate. How's their service and offering?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-XCOM/x...te-pack-bundle
Thanks for the cue: just ordered the complete pack bundle!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #38
Panthro
Man of Science

I highly recommend Gamersgate, I've bought loads of games with them.

Quick download speeds, good prices.
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 06-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #39
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Good to know. I'll then make an account, sign up for their newsletter and report any interesting deals they offer. More stores, more deals.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #40
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

This weeks midweek deal on Steam is Bejeweled 3, which is 4,99 until Friday. As for Gamersgate, they're having a Sim3midweek, which include Sims 3 for 16,77£, Generations expansion pack for 13,37£ and Pets expansion pack for 20,07£. Its specifically mentions that its an UK copy, so I have no idea if it works outside that country.