Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2009, 02:25 AM   #1
Simoneer
Priest of The Order

Default Found game title: Prisoner of Ice

Point & Click Adventure, of course.

I remember some of it, so it shouldn't be too hard for someone who has played it to figure out what it is.

First of all, you're on a ship. If I remember right, there's a monster that attacks the ship, too; The case itself features a box floating in water, and with tentacles coming out of it, I believe. (Or something similair.) I think you start out in the cockpit (if it's called that on ships). Somewhere to the left I think there's a room where either the monster is in, or just fire. Don't remember.

In any case, does it ring a bell for someone? I really want to know what this game is again! I remember my big bro' getting it several years ago for Christmas by our cousins' now-dead father (whom I miss... not that it has anything to do with anything). He gave me Dragon Lore II that same Christmas. Last present he ever bought me, and now I don't even have any idea where it is. Makes me feel like crap.

Anyway, I would really appreciate it. Oh, and I have no idea what the name of it was - not even a bit of it!

Last edited by Simoneer; 11-03-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Simoneer is offline                         Send a private message to Simoneer
Old 11-03-2009, 03:52 AM   #2
JubeiDOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simoneer View Post
Point & Click Adventure, of course.

I remember some of it, so it shouldn't be too hard for someone who has played it to figure out what it is.

First of all, you're on a ship. If I remember right, there's a monster that attacks the ship, too; The case itself features a box floating in water, and with tentacles coming out of it, I believe. (Or something similair.) I think you start out in the cockpit (if it's called that on ships). Somewhere to the left I think there's a room where either the monster is in, or just fire. Don't remember.

In any case, does it ring a bell for someone? I really want to know what this game is again! I remember my big bro' getting it several years ago for Christmas by our cousins' now-dead father (whom I miss... not that it has anything to do with anything). He gave me Dragon Lore II that same Christmas. Last present he ever bought me, and now I don't even have any idea where it is. Makes me feel like crap.

Anyway, I would really appreciate it. Oh, and I have no idea what the name of it was - not even a bit of it!
You start out on a ship in "The Longest Journey".

http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...ey/screenshots
JubeiDOK is offline                         Send a private message to JubeiDOK
Old 11-03-2009, 03:54 AM   #3
red_avatar
Administrator

JubeiDOK, I'm afraid you're a bit off there . Your start in a dream in Longest Journey.

The game he's looking for is Prisoner of Ice

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/prisoner-of-ice

Great game - I really must replay it some day.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 11-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
JubeiDOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_avatar View Post
JubeiDOK, I'm afraid you're a bit off there . Your start in a dream in Longest Journey.

The game he's looking for is Prisoner of Ice

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/prisoner-of-ice

Great game - I really must replay it some day.
My bad, I had assumed the demo was the beginning of the game, or I'm just thinking of something comepletely different.
JubeiDOK is offline                         Send a private message to JubeiDOK
Old 11-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

99,9% certainity it's Prisoner of Ice.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #6
Simoneer
Priest of The Order

I freakin' love you guys! Prisoners of Ice is it! I'm actually pretty surprised how well I remember the game.

And JubeiDOK; Thanks anyway! It's the thought that counts, right?

Sorry for the excessive emoticon usage, by the way.

Last edited by Simoneer; 11-03-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Simoneer is offline                         Send a private message to Simoneer