Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-01-2005, 03:46 PM   #41
Rodeo

Sorry people! disregard my previous mesage. I already found the copy protection codes in a manual on a different website. But as for the long intro...anyone have any ideas?

Old 14-01-2005, 05:02 AM   #42
Freddo

I remember from the couple of times loading this game on my machine that your sound settings can stop the intro from playing properly - play with them and see if that has any impact.

The hardest thing for me to accomplish was to defeat the Morgruls, because no matter how hard I tried to build up my resources, I would never have enough fighters to take over their uber-fleet. So all I would do is have a fleet large enough to destroy their homeworld's picket of fighters shortly after their main force departs for your homeword. Slow the speed right down and attack again and again.
Now I say again and again because being poor humans I can only afford about 40 tanks to take along, far less than the morgrul force. However, you can retreat instantly at any time.

Set up your tanks in an echelon like thus
Code:
 * BB
AA
where AA is directly facing the top-most tank unit of the opposing force. Let them roll all the way to you. The morgrul unit will fire at AA when it comes in range, but just before this BB will be able to fire. If you split your units so that AA contains one tank and BB contains 30 - the exchange of the salvo will be in your favour. After one shot, retreat and repeat. At the worst you will lose one tank per attack, and if you're lucky you can end combat before the morgruls have fired.

Eventually you will fritter down their forces to a manageable size. Take the colony and celebrate because the hardest part of the game is over!

The second big tip. Once you have defeated the Morgruls, it is best if you do not go exploring the new systems. This will trigger new game events and you might not be ready for them yet. If you stay put you can consolidate for as long as you need.

Old 14-01-2005, 12:10 PM   #43
guangling

I started the game and in the very beginning (one mine building on Apollo) the game crashes when I visit the informer in the space local.

exit to dos and says: "can't find \alien\alien69.pic

anyone had this problem too? know how to solve it? maybe the file on this website is incomplete since there seems to be a missing file.

love this game!

Old 20-01-2005, 09:46 PM   #44
brower

For the people who want to know how develop the first weapons.

The first weapons you get from the Jenossians, you can´t develop alone.

To contact the Jenossians, as soon as the planet Jade becomes visible
to your astronomers send a TRADE group there. (not a satellite carrier).

The Jennosians will make contact with you and offer you an improved trade
ship. Later they will offer you an artifact for a price. Take it. It
turns out to be a hyperdrive unit. When they contact you about helping them
fight the morgals agree to help. There is not much that you can do, but they
then give you the plans to the Hunter and the Laser Cannon.

Simple, but i remember the first time i played reunion.. I taked a long time to discover this alone hehehehe

good game... for all

ICQ - 84234991
msn- bogdanbarros@hotmail.com

Old 21-01-2005, 05:52 AM   #45
User42

*Edit*

Ok so I re loaded the game, got the communicator researched *before* the first incomeing transmission, and just fast forwarded too see if I got that you cant understand message again, and didnt, I was able to talk to them.

Point being, I found out you dont have to actually *build* a communicator, once you have it in the buy menu, it works....

I was trying so hard to buy one I didnt fast forward to see if I needed too.
User42 is offline                         Send a private message to User42
Old 21-01-2005, 09:43 AM   #46
demich

i've played the games some years ago... and never menaged to finish it . Everything because i haven't the code that you have to enter after getting to solar system 7(i think it was 7) and the only thing i could do was to attack this race that has sooooooooooooooooo many ships and soooooooooo big ground army that it's is almost impossible to beat them . Any suggestions?

Old 22-01-2005, 01:00 AM   #47
Timelord

I can't get past the copy protect. Can someone post the answers, or a link to where they can be found?

Thx

Old 22-01-2005, 01:31 AM   #48
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

Try downloading the manual.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 22-01-2005, 01:35 PM   #49
DSmidgy
Abandonia nerd

Isn't there a patch.exe or sth. like that to bypass the protection?
DSmidgy is offline                         Send a private message to DSmidgy
Old 28-01-2005, 02:20 PM   #50
Guardian

Help needed!

I know how to place mining stations at planets, but i dont get it how to build up a real colony at other accomodable planets. I tried everything, but cant find the way. Maybe one of u can explain how to colonize planets?

thank u very much