Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #11
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, it was the game that I could remember by your words.

Sorry, I cannot remember anything else.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 08-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #12
qtulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Well, it was the game that I could remember by your words.

Sorry, I cannot remember anything else.
The second one sounds like The Legend of Kage.

On which systems did you play these games?
qtulu is offline                         Send a private message to qtulu
Old 08-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
Aleque

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtulu View Post
The second one sounds like The Legend of Kage.

On which systems did you play these games?
YES! That's it! Thanks
The music is as epic as I remember.
My system was a weird version. I guess it was equivolent to NES but mine was black, round shaped as an UFO. It was in Soviet Russia in the beginning of 90's ;D

P.S. I still need to find the other two games, or at least that platform game (1)
Aleque is offline                         Send a private message to Aleque
Old 08-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleque View Post
My system was a weird version. I guess it was equivolent to NES but mine was black, round shaped as an UFO. It was in Soviet Russia in the beginning of 90's ;D
Almost certainly a Famiclone - well, one of the 377 known species of those. (Famiclone: a system copying the hardware of Famicom, which is what NES was originally called in Japan)

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #15
qtulu

Quote:
YES! That's it! Thanks
The music is as epic as I remember.

P.S. I still need to find the other two games, or at least that platform game (1)
Glad I could help. Yes, as The Fifth Horseman said, it was a Famiclone, a NES hardware in a different case. Black ones shaped like a Sega Megadrive/Genesis were very popular here in Easter Europe as well.

And regarding the other two games, were they also on the Famiclone/NES?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #16
Aleque

Quote:
And regarding the other two games, were they also on the Famiclone/NES?
The platform game was definately for the same system.

I don't think the plane game was though. It was very crappy graphics (older generation console perhaps), and maybe it was a Russian game. I am not even sure. I played it in a PC/Gaming-café. Btw: this game was played on similar consoles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c77aE7pg-wY

Would be awesome to find it though. I remember dreading and avoiding computers when I was a kid and my mom finally convinced me to try to play. I didn't even know what playing computer was - I thought it was a job. When I finally tried it I got hooked forever. Today she regrets it
Old 08-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #17
qtulu

Quote:
The platform game was definately for the same system.

I don't think the plane game was though. It was very crappy graphics (older generation console perhaps), and maybe it was a Russian game. I am not even sure. I played it in a PC/Gaming-café. Btw: this game was played on similar consoles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c77aE7pg-wY

Would be awesome to find it though. I remember dreading and avoiding computers when I was a kid and my mom finally convinced me to try to play. I didn't even know what playing computer was - I thought it was a job. When I finally tried it I got hooked forever. Today she regrets it
Heh, I know what you mean. The first introduction to computers and games was an amazing experience for me, like discovering something impossible, like it turns out Santa Claus is real. Worst thing that ever happened to me, addicted for life.

The airplane game, it sounds a bit like River Raid.

Were the graphics something like that? Pinpointing the actual system you played it on could help somewhat, if it was an IBM PC or something older (like an Atari 2600 console or a Commodore 64 computer, attached to a TV or a monitor etc.)

EDIT:

I found the first game, it's P.O.W. Prisoners of War by SNK ( http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/pow-prisoners-of-war ), the song you remember is from the third level, and yes, it's a forest/jungle level. There's also a chopper at the end of the first level.

Last edited by qtulu; 08-02-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #18
Aleque

WOW You nailed them both! Thank you so much. My soul can now rest in peace.
Ahhh.... damn nostalgic

Quote:
Heh, I know what you mean. The first introduction to computers and games was an amazing experience for me, like discovering something impossible, like it turns out Santa Claus is real. Worst thing that ever happened to me, addicted for life.

The airplane game, it sounds a bit like River Raid.

Were the graphics something like that? Pinpointing the actual system you played it on could help somewhat, if it was an IBM PC or something older (like an Atari 2600 console or a Commodore 64 computer, attached to a TV or a monitor etc.)

EDIT:

I found the first game, it's P.O.W. Prisoners of War by SNK ( http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/pow-prisoners-of-war ), the song you remember is from the third level, and yes, it's a forest/jungle level. There's also a chopper at the end of the first level.
Old 14-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #19
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

A friendly reminder to all people posting threads:

One game per thread please.

Now since this one was opened long before the new policy was written we won't separate this thread, but this is a good example of making this mistake.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker