Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-11-2007, 01:49 AM   #431
oombaka

also i can't seem to download dosbox....it just keeps saying thank you for downloading dosbox but it's no where on my desktop...what the hell man? i really want to play this game but it looks too horrible to be playable right now....

Old 07-11-2007, 07:21 AM   #432
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oombaka @ Nov 7 2007, 03:32 AM) [snapback]318501[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
can someone please tell me why this game looks horrible on my brand new computer....i'm running a dual core with xp and a brand new graphics card but i can hardly make out anything on the screen...and i also don't think the mouse clicking works...

i remember this game from when i was a kid and i really really want to play it because i remember it being one of the best games i ever played...any tips on getting the resolution appropriate would be much appreciated...
[/b]
This game looks every jot as it used to look when you were a kid. Memories are usually better than the real thing was.

Also, the game has a fixed resolution (like most of old DOS titles did). You can't change it.

There is a way to make the game look better, which is to run it in DOSBox with appropriate scaler settings.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oombaka @ Nov 7 2007, 03:49 AM) [snapback]318502[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
also i can't seem to download dosbox....it just keeps saying thank you for downloading dosbox but it's no where on my desktop...what the hell man? i really want to play this game but it looks too horrible to be playable right now....
[/b]
Look in "My Documents".

PS. Too horrible to be playable? I can't agree. Been playing it recently and it's pretty good. Of course, I'm the kind of person who considers the graphics of Death Track and Mechwarrior 1 to be playable.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #433
Argh!

how do I make an Xeno Archiological Dig?

I have found a planet with Xeno Ruins
I have colonized it
I have adv. factory, adv. farm and an adv. research facilities
I have, obviously, researched the Xeno Dig ability

why am I not able to start the archiological project (or as they (ourght) to say: "get dirty in the dust") ?
is there a trick to it?

Old 18-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #434
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Like any other building, Xeno-Archeological Digs can only be built next to an existing structure or a Transport Tube.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-03-2008, 03:46 AM   #435
clockworkspider

Question: I downloaded DosBox 0.72, and I downloaded Ascendancy from this site...I'm not quite sure what do do next, though...thanks for your help!
clockworkspider is offline                         Send a private message to clockworkspider
Old 14-03-2008, 04:10 AM   #436
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Download Ascendancy.
Download Dosbox.
Use DOSBox to run Ascendancy.
Have fun
[...]
Profit!

Old 15-03-2008, 04:46 AM   #437
clockworkspider

Thanks, I've got it now
clockworkspider is offline                         Send a private message to clockworkspider
Old 25-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #438
alkyl

cant believe i found this! this game pwnzorz lol
alkyl is offline                         Send a private message to alkyl
Old 02-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #439
jordos

The link to that ascendancy mod in this thread is down, would anyone by any chance still have it? (it's called vibscob.zip)
I also once had a mod for ascendancy from www.fanscendancy.de, but that site seems to be down nowadays. If anyone has that one please let me know too. Thanks!
jordos is offline                         Send a private message to jordos
Old 02-04-2008, 06:26 PM   #440
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

What does that mod do anyways? Does it make the game harder? The big downfall of Ascendancy is that the maximum difficulty level is laughable.

If you're talking about the antagonizer patch, it's already in the download. It doesn't change much in the game to be frank, ennemy races will simply attack you sooner.