Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-08-2005, 11:37 PM   #51
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I remember finding it in the Snes.

I didn't get him when he said PC ver tho.
There isn't one in the PC ver.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 19-08-2005, 05:36 AM   #52
Gamefreak

I remember having a rocket launcher in Wolf3D, though. But I think it was in the expansion Spear of Destiny, not in the main Wolf3D itself. They implemented the weapon in Spear of Destiny, yep, that's it.

Old 22-08-2005, 12:23 AM   #53
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamefreak@Aug 20 2005, 08:54 AM
I had a rocket launcher in Spear of Destiny. Don't ask me when and how, it's long time since I played it. *shrugs*
Well, it's quite simple: Press M+I+L while playing the game to get full health, full ammo and all weapons. If there's a rocket launcher, it should be there, shouldn't it?
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 22-08-2005, 05:06 AM   #54
Gamefreak

You're right, there isn't. Not in Wolf3D, not in Spear Destiny, not in 2 additional missions of Spear Destiny with other graphics for anything. But somehow I'm sure I had it there in the game. Maybe you can't get it with cheat codes, only through finding... :crazy:

Old 22-08-2005, 06:01 AM   #55
The_EgAt
Abandonia nerd

There is no rocket launcher programmed into Wolf or SOD, if you played a version containing one, it was a mod*.

*might have been Beyond Wolfenstein by Nate Smith:
http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/adds_natesmith.htm
Quote:
Originally posted by http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/adds_natesmith.htm
Nate came up with some exciting new features: different ammo types for different weapons, new enemies with different strengths than we had seen, a bit of flash when you walked under a light, seven weapons, greater than 100% health and 99 bullet capacity, and the big one: the rocket launcher.
The_EgAt is offline                         Send a private message to The_EgAt
Old 24-08-2005, 01:14 AM   #56
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Creepy. There is no way I could have gotten that off of a shelf. Oh yeah, I got the game from a family friend, but it didn't say spear of destiny on it...

Maybe I did have some freaky version
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 04-10-2005, 05:09 AM   #57
joe mama! har har har..... i

ahh.. wolf3d gave me good memories when i was a kid. I only had the demo , but i played it a lot. i was really good at it too. i would try to kill the boss of episode 1 with a knife only - he'd own me. :bye:

but one thing i really liked about wolf3d that i think was ahead of it 's time is that one good bullet to the chest could kill some of the enemies. so you actually had to aim a bit! :bleh:

Old 08-10-2005, 04:32 PM   #58
Bug

I think that Kosta has something against id software(doom2 has only 3 also).

But seriously, at the time of the release, I don't think that there were any action games that could compete with this one. Personally I am not a huge fan of mindless violence, but this deserves a clean 5. For example, you can hate prodigy or sex pistols, but you have to give them credit for the revolution they brought in electronic/punk music... They sold it, so without them, there would be no things that you love.
Same here...

Old 20-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #59
Jes' passin' thru'

Hey, ya'll. See it's been a while since anybody posted....

Played this game a lot when i was a short little dude. Wolfenstein was a "household word" i guess (my grandparents, uncle, cousins dad, etc...everybody played it).

I think somebody in the family actually got a hold of the registered version because i remember clicking on episode 2 and finding myself fighting in a green room (vines on the wall) and shooting at weird lookin' guys throwing knives (the mutants). faint memories. we also had a book or some kind of publication with all the levels' maps (with starting locations of all the enemies, weapons, blah, blah, blah).

i have no idea where that copy and the book ended up.

here recently i downloaded the shareware version (which is the first episode of the main game) to bring back the good ol' days. gotta be careful not to make yourself sick flyin' through the halls. lol.

never have played the nocturnal missions or SOD. maybe one of these days.

i may have to go buy RTCW game of the year edition to get all six original episodes.

also: someone was wunderin' where the flamethrower/rocketlauncher is located. I have the answer. it was NOT in the PC version, but WAS in the mac. that might be why somebody could have sworn up and down they "had a flamethrower in the pc version." to some, the PC closely resembles the MAC (and it does, until you boot it up.)

anyway, kind of long-winded. i just enjoy thinking back.

cheers.
d.j.

Old 21-01-2006, 01:06 AM   #60
LeD
Abandonia nerd

Are you guys talking about the ORIGINAL Wolfenstein 3-D where you could drag bodies/hide them?My IBM ran that one, it was a miracle. Or the one they re-made right before Spear of Destiny?

This was the very first, First-person shooter I ever seen...I must've been 6 or 7. A couple of years later I got it for the SNES, but the graphics where way crappier. Later I had got a copy for the IBM (Shivers) it was a BIG Floppy disc. Lmao

Is this game downloadable here? Even Spear of Destiny would be cool.
LeD is offline                         Send a private message to LeD