Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Default Quest For Glory II - Trial By Fire

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 19-03-2007, 02:38 AM   #2
MV75
Abandonia nerd

Go to keppon laffin and keep "sell beard" You'll have no need to hunt for money at all.

Then fill up on several hundred mana/vigor/healing and a few poison cure pills and all you have to do is spend a full day of training with weapons, (use vigor pills after each session), then go on out to the desert and raise your magic skills.

I found I just had to sleep until evening most days until the quests come along.

This game does have a set amount of days as well unlike the first game. It's very tight on the time frame. All up there's about 22 days from start to finish of in game time.
________
Starcract 2 Replays

Last edited by MV75; 05-05-2011 at 09:13 AM.
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75
Old 19-03-2007, 02:52 AM   #3

No, actually, from counting, I counted 30 days.

Old 19-03-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
mikhail

This game is amazing. It threw me off when I was younger because they gave you no or little clues as to how to find the money changer so you can buy a map in the beginning, which is essential... (I never had the manual either.) Trick is, run out into the desert and find a brigand, kill him, search the body and voila. A dinar for a map.

Despite 16 bits of color... this is probably my favorite game. Ever.
Getting sucked into the pixelated middle eastern world of the kattas.

They're working on a point and click VGA remake of it too, supposedly coming out really soon.
www.agdinteractive.com

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: It's voila. Viola is a musical instrument. Or a flower.

Old 19-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
MV75
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
No, actually, from counting, I counted 30 days.
Meh, about 10 short, ah well, it has been a while.

Also, wasn't it more like 31 or 32? I'm sure there was a couple of extra.

Quote:
They're working on a point and click VGA remake of it too, supposedly coming out really soon.
www.agdinteractive.com
Coming soon for the last couple of years. Even back then there was the impression that it was basically done and just needed play testing. And now about 20 months later.......... They get sidetracked by their commercial product.

I gave up on that one a long time ago.
________
Fix ps3

Last edited by MV75; 05-05-2011 at 09:13 AM.
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75
Old 19-03-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikhail
This game is amazing. It threw me off when I was younger because they gave you no or little clues as to how to find the money changer so you can buy a map in the beginning, which is essential... (I never had the manual either.) Trick is, run out into the desert and find a brigand, kill him, search the body and voila. A dinar for a map.
Y'know, in all the years I had this game, I never thought of killing someone in the desert to get a dinar. I've always looked for the money changer. :tai:

And there are 30 days in the game.

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 20-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #7

is it possible, that the map that comes along on abandonia as a download is damaged? tried downloading it several times now, and it always lacks the lower half`?

Old 20-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #8
Hartwick

This is the greatest game of all time, bar none. Period. The end.

Old 20-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #9
Tachyon

Quest for Glory 4 : Shadows of Darkness (or rather Quest for glory 3 as it was originally intended) was my favourite... Ok, it was buggy...so go get the CD version which has patches for almost everything plus superb voice acting including a narration by John Rhys Davis. Better plot imho , and downright creepy.

Old 21-03-2007, 03:49 AM   #10
faeornran
Forum hobbit

This is my favorite out of the QFG series. I find the combat system to be one of the best, especially considering the fact that different attacks were more effective against different enemies, as well as different dodges or parries to ward off attacks. To put it simply, this game is the fighter's dreamland. Also, in 1 & 3, a fighter was forced to use either a "dodge" or "parry" button as a fighter- too simple. Still, all the games are ridiculously fun regardless of simplicity, so I'm altogether happy.

Since all you guys did was use the map from in game, here's a handy dandy map from the ACTUAL game

Also, Frodo, I still <3 you, even though I already own this game. I'd ask you to have my manbabies, but that line is so overly cliched (not to mention disgusting) I'll just ask you now to thank me for putting up this map. >

Sorry for the huge file size (if it is rather big)... It's hard to read on lower resolutions so I left it big but trimmed out the sides. I also photoshopped it a little bit.

Have fun, and remember: this map has all the street names!

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9228/qfg2mapel3.jpg

Edit: Goi, what a crappy photoshopper I am. I missed my writing "EOF" on the place. Quick, avert thine eyes!

Edit2: Fixed like a dog.

Edit3: And, like that dog, it's not working. Am working on getting that dog's bravery back. (Photobucket is being obstinate and is resizing my pictures.)

Edit4: The dog, after regrowing its masculinity, has been fixed. Those who were responsible for the original fixing have been fixed, and everything now is just fine and fixed. The image is now sized properly and is rather large, so I took off the bracket-image-bracket codes. Enjoy!
faeornran is offline                         Send a private message to faeornran