Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #81
eugene425
Game Wizzard

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Yes, that's the problem since a few official builds back. They blocked it because it was causing problems with some games. I think 0.63 or 0.65 still had support for multiple floppy images.
Yes, but I have a 0.74 or it is already degraded?
eugene425 is offline                         Send a private message to eugene425
Old 10-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #82
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can have several versions of DOSBox set up at the same time.
It might come in handy if you really have to use a feature that was disabled in a later version (like in this case).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #83
eugene425
Game Wizzard

Question

Quote:
You can have several versions of DOSBox set up at the same time.
It might come in handy if you really have to use a feature that was disabled in a later version (like in this case).
nothing understand
eugene425 is offline                         Send a private message to eugene425
Old 10-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #84
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene425 View Post
Use a dosbox CVS build (some support multiple floppy img mount)
The emulator's source code is free. There are people who add some modifications and new features and release the modified versions. That's what a "CVS build" is.
[quote]Use a virtual Windows floppy drive so you can mount/switch imgs outside dosbox.??????/[?QUOTE] Yes. There are Windows programs which can emulate a floppy drive. http://webscripts.softpedia.com/scri...ive-39797.html
Quote:
When you speak Polish (I read a review where some of your playing), I more or less understand. When I was in Russian you are not. Strange.
We don't use the cyrilic alphabet in Poland, and that makes a big difference even if many words sound similar. Someone taught me a little of it once, but I don't remember much now.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #85
eugene425
Game Wizzard

Exclamation

[quote=The Fifth Horseman;407040]The emulator's source code is free. There are people who add some modifications and new features and release the modified versions. That's what a "CVS build" is.
Quote:
Use a virtual Windows floppy drive so you can mount/switch imgs outside dosbox.??????/[?QUOTE] Yes. There are Windows programs which can emulate a floppy drive. http://webscripts.softpedia.com/scri...ive-39797.html
We don't use the cyrilic alphabet in Poland, and that makes a big difference even if many words sound similar. Someone taught me a little of it once, but I don't remember much now.
Still, Russian and Polish are much closer than English and German.

Quote:
If you want the game pre-installed, use the "GET IT" button on the game page.

The disk images are exact copies of the data from the original floppy disks. Unless you know exactly what you're doing and have a very good reason for using the images in the first place, avoid them.
This is good advice, but I already have it. Now, if even with the translation. was generally super. Maybe you know, And though you probably do not know how to drink.

I found the site [EDITED] . Should I download and how you will open the Iso-file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havell View Post
How do you heal your people on this game? Also, is the a map of the game area (apart from within the game becaus I can't find anything.
As far as I understand you can not find your card? But it got to the base in storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyanatc View Post
I had the same problem, but I found a way to fix it. The problem is that all the data files are write-protected. You have to go to My Computer, find the file you put the game in and check the properties of the game files. Uncheck the "Read Only" box on any .dat or .ed files or anything else that looks like you should be able to write to it, then run the install program. Change the settings to use Adlib or Soundblaster. Use the default IRQ and other settings. This should also solve the restart.dat problem.
Try run Dos box. Yor sound can work correctly!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthbound_X View Post
I can't get the sound to work :not_ok: , when I press it in the options menu, it does nothing.
Just a note, when I load the game, it says it can't find the restart.dat. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I felt I should note it.
Please help, this game seems really cool, but I hate playing games with no sound.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowowar View Post
i'm having the exact same problems :ranting:

Edit by Paco:

STOP DOUBLEPOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Paco; 12-07-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 22-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #86
jasonmloh
Forum hobbit

I am having a problem with Pass Cards:

The one in Middleton is Yellow Pass Card. What I am referring to is the Gold Pass Card. There is a train that can only be used with the Gold Pass. Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
________
IPAD CASES

Last edited by jasonmloh; 01-05-2011 at 01:46 AM.
jasonmloh is offline                         Send a private message to jasonmloh
Old 22-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #87
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmloh View Post
I am having a problem with Pass Cards:

The one in Middleton is Yellow Pass Card. What I am referring to is the Gold Pass Card. There is a train that can only be used with the Gold Pass. Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
Check this Post. Until then the Gold Pass isnt needed.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 29-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #88
jasonmloh
Forum hobbit

A map speaks a thousand words. Thank you very much for your help Paco.
________
Toyota U Engine Specifications

Last edited by jasonmloh; 01-05-2011 at 01:46 AM.
jasonmloh is offline                         Send a private message to jasonmloh
Old 20-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #89
baracus

can somebody give me a quick introduction what to do and to achieve to NOT fail ? i am used to play more straightforward games like adventures,shooters ,and rts but not these kinda more complex strategy/rgp mix games , i understand its already a genremix so it might not be as complex as other games and give me a good introduction to the genre.

maybe tell me the first few steps and also the overall strategy i have to pursue
baracus is offline                         Send a private message to baracus
Old 05-07-2021, 07:38 AM   #90
catchaserguns
Games Master

This game is on GOG for $6.99
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns