Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-07-2005, 09:03 AM   #61
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jul 20 2005, 09:45 AM
Death Poets Society (OK he goes to visit a female friend, but there's no real romance there)
As I said - he visits her, but there's no real romance there (maybe just some youthfull lust :whistle: ). Thre are also girls present in the cave, but those aren't romantic either (but OK - if I nitpicked at Pi I guess it's only fair you remind me of such things).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 20-07-2005, 09:10 AM   #62
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, as far as I can remember he gives her flowers, kisses her and gets into a fight with her boyfriend. And he keeps on whining to his friends about how deeply he is in love with her. What else would he have to do for it to count as a romance subplot, then?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 20-07-2005, 09:20 AM   #63
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Jul 20 2005, 10:10 AM
Well, as far as I can remember he gives her flowers, kisses her and gets into a fight with her boyfriend. And he keeps on whining to his friends about how deeply he is in love with her. What else would he have to do for it to count as a romance subplot, then?
The romance should develope. So far it's only his yearning - the unfulfilled love. It adds weight to the side of the scale those boys are rebeling against.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 20-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #64
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, yes, but unfulfilled one-sided yearning still counts as a romance plot, though, doesn't it? Otherwise it wouldn't be that hard to come up with films.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 20-07-2005, 10:43 AM   #65
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Jul 20 2005, 10:44 AM
Well, yes, but unfulfilled one-sided yearning still counts as a romance plot, though, doesn't it? Otherwise it wouldn't be that hard to come up with films.
Guess you're right. *would go to cross the Death Poets Society out, but doen's feel like changing posts that have been talked about*
Old 20-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #66
omg
Games Master

still havnt figured out if a breakdown of a relationship counts as a *love* plot or not. if it doesnt then along with day of the dead i would have to put forwards driller killer as all that happens to renos *relationship* is that he gets more messed up and less into his girl untill she is driven to lespeanism out from boredom. (you go girl!) then she leaves him. then he kills her (probably the first real passion he shows her in the whole movie)

transformers the movie has no love plot
then again like the smurfs they only have one resident female. so probably only happens when they all get good and drunk and the cameras stop rolling.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 20-07-2005, 11:57 AM   #67
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It's funny, though, isn't it? Apparently even action and sci-fi films usually have a bit of romance, even if you'd hardly notice it. I thought about suggesting Robo-Cop, but actually that female police officer does seem to have a bit of a crush on Robo-Cop, so I suppose it wouldn't count... What about Star Wars, though? At least the first film didn't have any romance plot, did it?
Old 20-07-2005, 12:03 PM   #68
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 20-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #69
omg
Games Master

it had the whole rescue the princess thang going down in it, but the love aspect dint start coming into it untill the next movie i think... i dont actually know. being a lucasfilm its entirtely possible that they looked at each other.. that tends to represent love in his movies, like at the end of episode 1 when padme looks at obi wan and the tiny blonde scrotum and bites her lip while looking at the tiny blonde scrotum sygnifying that she is going to fall in love with him to a point of no return. ie: spend a lot of time looking at him.
in lucas world the best contreception is extremely dark sunglasses.

there wernt no love plot in robocop my shizznit. fo rizzlit.

as for fear and lothing theres the really young girl that they dose up on acid and the attorney presumably does the naughty to off camera.
to some sick people thats love man.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 20-07-2005, 12:14 PM   #70
Classic Pig

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Jul 19 2005, 06:00 PM
Quote:

The Passion of Christ
Oddly enough.
Sorry to disagree but The passion of the Christ is about the greatest romance story that has ever been written.

In the beginning there was a perfect couple. One part of the couple ran away. Though every second away from her was like an eternity the Lover made a plan to win the beloved back to himself.

That is the short version! The full version is called the Divine Romance :angel: (I think).