Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-09-2005, 03:47 PM   #31
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Whoops, missed you. Will amend that ASAP.

Oh, and BTW... yes, none of you have been outfitted with weapons yet. I'm going for a lil shopping spree before I'll do that.

Also, the ground vehicles will be sold for spare parts. A couple stun-raids today and we'll easily afford two better bases... :w00t: (one as the main base, the other as a research facility with space for advanced Quantum, Biochem and Workshop, while the current one will be changed into a vehicle repair station (3x repair bays).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-09-2005, 04:36 PM   #32
Toxik
Game Wizzard

could you fix the name of my soldier to Toxik?it says toxix.Thanks
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 20-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #33
a1s
Hero Gamer

in the waiting list.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 20-09-2005, 10:41 PM   #34
SupSuper
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Sep 20 2005, 04:47 PM
Also, the ground vehicles will be sold for spare parts. A couple stun-raids today and we'll easily afford two better bases... :w00t: (one as the main base, the other as a research facility with space for advanced Quantum, Biochem and Workshop, while the current one will be changed into a vehicle repair station (3x repair bays).
Good thinking. Ground vehicles are worth crap, air vehicles are so much better
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 21-09-2005, 01:26 PM   #35
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Toxik: Sorry. I've been misreading your name all the time... LOL I'll fix that soon.
SupSuper: Seems that my "idea" has failed mightily, so I'll have to stick with the internal screenshot device. BTW, it seems it can do more then only 10 screenhot files...

Here is the update:

All of your personality constructs and tissue samples (or, in case of androids, blueprints) have been stored. In case of death, you can be resurrected easily, but if you prefer to get a new character because you think your initial one sucks, just tell me, so that after you die I'll try to find you a better recruit then you got the last time.

We have paid to ally with Mutant Alliance and S.E.L.F. That will slightly increase the number of mutants and androids joining in the ranks.

A little shopping spree never goes wrong, I say. AP, Stun & Incendiary grenades, Machine Guns w/ammo, Auto Cannons w/ammo (all types), Stun Grapples, Mind Benders, Medi Kits, Motion Scanners, Sniper Rifles w/ammo. I have sold the ground vehicles and bought some passenger and cargo modules.

Research on Dimension Gates and Bio Transport Module has been started.

Began some stun-the-ally raids to get money for funding the construction of new bases.

The first three raids are against Government facility (if they gave us more funds, we wouldn't have to do that, afterall), Super, Reamus and Beef have to stay at the base since there were only 11 stun grapples in the armory. Bobbin, EoF and Toxik are team leaders additionally equipped with motion scanners.

Note, that these raids do not really net any of you any XP. You'll have your fair share when it comes to fighting the actual aliens.
3 Raid missions bring us 4043 cargo. Most of the loot are guns and ammo, with some Elerium being a rather neat bonus.

Allied with Psyke... and raided them. Teams and troops are the same as when we raided Government (don't worry, Sup, Reamus, Beef - you are in for next mission so that you won't feel bored). 3 raids bring 1411 cargo, but again most of it are guns and ammunition (altough 4 Psiclones dropped by as well).

Team 3 (Toxik, Abi & Punch) made quite an achievment in the third raid. We have ended up near a Psyke-held residential buildings, and every one knows how hard these are to clean up. Team 1 & 2 took the gravlift, while Team 3 went for the fire exit. They somehow had so much luck that instead of fruitlessly camping in there, they have knocked out all of the Psyke troops, thus completing the mission all by themselves.

After that, I have sold some obsolete weapons (who needs 40 Machine Guns, anyway?) and the psiclones, earning a healthy profit of 70 k. This leaves our funds at 145 k, which isn't yet a sufficient amount to furnish out a new base, let alone two of them (and I also have in mind to upgrade the vehicles and buy some more Valkyries and stuff). So today I'll do a few raids more against the Government. Danny, Abi & Punch are staying at home this time round, so that Super, Reamus and Beef can get some action.

I think that 6-9 stun raids on Government and about 3 on Marsec will give us muuuch more loot. After this, just for training, we will raid the Cult of Sirius temple (we should get a lot of guns, ammo and explosives from the previous raids), with one objective in mind: Maximum Mayhem! :evil:
All the soldiers will participate, don't fear you'll be left out. If we get out unscathed enough, there will be a second raid on the other Sirius temple, but this time with loot in mind more then destruction (psiclones - they have a lot).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #36
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Screenshots?
Old 21-09-2005, 01:59 PM   #37
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

When there will be some real action.
Stun Raids don't quite classify...

-- Reed Richards
Old 21-09-2005, 02:15 PM   #38
Kearnsy
Games Master

Plans sound great Horseman!! k:
Missions, funding, research, equipment all are looking great.
Im a veteran of UFO but only played Apoc for a little bit.
Lets just say Im glad that you're at the helm and not me!!
Looking foreward to the temple missions
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 21-09-2005, 02:37 PM   #39
SupSuper
Games Master

Keep up the good work Horseman k:

I never liked Apoc much since I didn't like the concept of having to deal with stuff other than aliens and having to pay for the damage :P
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 21-09-2005, 03:00 PM   #40
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

I don't like Apoc either. But when someone else is playing for you. w00t!