Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #11
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yeah I know what you're saying Red I just mean that regardless of that, the flu is not the most destructive of the two. Anyways, I've got more chance of walking outside right now and getting hit by a bicycle than I do of dying of swine flu.
Old 29-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #12
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccade View Post
I'd like to see the people in London stand 6ft away from me.

That'd be great.

Maybe if I contract something that's not fatal, it'll happen and I can catch the tube without having to sniff some fat bastard's armpit or get squashed into some leviathon cleavage.

What's the toll now? 100 worldwide? Mostly come back from Mexico or something right?

More people were killed in the first few hours we walked into Basra.
People shot pigs, too. They have human cries. Not nice. I don't want to think about it.
The real danger lies in an existing dangerous flu like this mutating in such a way that antibiotics are powerless. It must be very contagious since there's already been many people around the world who contracted it so it just needs a single bad mutation and we're screwed.

It's why the so called Hospital germs are a danger as well - they may not be deadly to everyone except for weakened patients, but a single bad mutation can make them deadly, and their inherent immunity to pretty much all known antibiotics would mean they would be hard to stop.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 29-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #13
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Antibiotics are useless against viruses, they only kill bacterial infections, but yeah, I see what you mean. One thing I actually do fear very much is MRSA. That EATS YOUR FLESH AND ORGANS WHILST YOU ARE STILL ALIVE. Wonderfully enough, MRSA was created precisely the way you said, because of over prescription of antibiotics and germ-killing soaps. Where is the most likely place to catch MRSA? In the hospital. Niiiiiiice.
Old 29-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #14
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

We had a group of Extremely Drug Resistant (R) Tuberculosis patients break out of isolation and go home to the townships for Christmas. Because TB is the gift that keeps on giving.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 29-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #15
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

I posted this image because it is not swine flu! It is humane flu. You will not get this flu from pigs, but from fellow humans

Last edited by Romano; 26-09-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 01-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
red_avatar
Administrator

Which is why the fabulous FOX news actually went to pig farms to talk about how pigs contained so many germs and virusses. I mean, how retarded can you GET as a news station?

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 01-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #17
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

absolute bullshit

mad cows, pig flu, it's all meat industry in specific countries trying to regulate the market sales, that's all
Old 01-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #18
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

Quote:
Once, people said a black man would be president when "pigs fly", sure enough, swine flu.

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 02-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #19
bobinator1992
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992 Send a message via Skype™ to bobinator1992

I heard that one pill of Theraflu will make it so you never have to worry about swine flu again.

The media and their sensationalization strikes again, I suppose. :P
bobinator1992 is offline                         Send a private message to bobinator1992
Old 02-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #20
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Goodness.

Listen, the only people dieing in Mexico for the most pat cannot afford decent healthcare, and have no immunization. People that died in the u.S? Coincidence! Its just a "severe Flu"

That being said:

Yesterday my school handed out little informaiton papers on what to do so we prevent the swine flu, as well as hanging up sign, tellign us to sleep well, eat well and wash our hands for 20 seconds, so on.

Now, ive been around people whove been to mexico in the last month (my parents went in march or something, my sister and a bunch of friends includign thegirl i like, went about a month or soe ago) and non of them have shown any symptoms...

That being said, i have a chest cold, and the first sign of illness is a repitory infection, but im fairly certian my cold it from running around outside once the snow melted. It was cold, but heh, it was like -5 thats warm!

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb