Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #21
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

It's currently only available in the ISO Cellar, which is an area of the forum only accessible by members who have been here and active for a while. I can't quite remember the criteria, but it's something like 25 posts. Or something. If you want to write a review for it, we can send you a link and then everyone else can see it as well.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 14-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #22
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

No, it was never on the site (or you'd see the review page). A copy of it _is_ in the "ISO Cellar" forum, though.

The game was approved for addition to the site, but we need a review for it first.

Hm. You want the game. We want a review. How about a trade?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #23
mosinmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlumiuN View Post
It's currently only available in the ISO Cellar, which is an area of the forum only accessible by members who have been here and active for a while. I can't quite remember the criteria, but it's something like 25 posts. Or something. If you want to write a review for it, we can send you a link and then everyone else can see it as well.
I used to play it with a friend a long time ago on his Mac. It had no sound though. So I am eager to try it again =)
I could write a review....but I am pretty bad. So it would be a basic one at best.
mosinmatt is offline                         Send a private message to mosinmatt
Old 14-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #24
AlumiuN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
No, it was never on the site (or you'd see the review page). A copy of it _is_ in the "ISO Cellar" forum, though.

The game was approved for addition to the site, but we need a review for it first.

Hm. You want the game. We want a review. How about a trade?
See here.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
Old 15-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #25
mosinmatt

Just to add.
For a review I would do. I would probably just do the standard rating for various aspects of the game. Graphics, sound, gameplay, story, controls, etc etc.
Say what I liked about the game, then what I didn't like about it.
mosinmatt is offline                         Send a private message to mosinmatt
Old 16-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #26
AlumiuN

That's all that is required. As long as it's over about 10 lines, it should be fine.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #27
mosinmatt

Wow, been a long time! I am starting to play some older games! I remember a bunch from my childhood too.
Well, I am still trying to download spaceship warlock. When I played it at a friends on the mac we could never get the sound to work.
I think I will have to reinstall Dosbox....just gotta remember HOW to do all that again.
Old 29-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #28
Django

Hi everyone !

Now Spaceship Warlock is really special, for several reasons :
- it's one of those rare games that came out on Mac before being released on PC. In fact, the graphics and sound on PC are probably poorer than the Mac version
- it's one of the first games that came out on ... wow ... CD ! It influences the game a lot, since developers for the first time could include huge loads of sound, pics and videos in their games. In fact, at the time it quickly led to some problems : anyone remember "the 7th guest" and its multi-CD requirements ? It felt unbelievable at the time, I mean most people where playing Sierra games at the time, where voice was nearly non-existent.
- The game in itself isn't much of a challenge - think of it more like a movie, where you have some pointing-and-clicking to do. Gorgeous graphics though, not too difficult...

Nice memories though - at the time, my CD player didn't have a tray : you'd put the CD in a special box, then put that box into the player (2x as far as I can remember).
Django is offline                         Send a private message to Django
Old 04-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #29
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

It would be *so* nice to get a rip of this...

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 04-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #30
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

Actually, I've almost got this working without the CD. I've figured out that the contents actually compress to about 67.8MB, but the game gives me a weird error because it apparently copies and deletes the folder of content needed to the hard-drive on demand. All I need is to figure out how to tell the game, which is Macromedia-based, not to do this, and the game should be all set to run standalone!

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2