Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-12-2007, 05:05 AM   #1
Sal
Game Wizzard

Default New review for Armaeth

I would love to see an updated review for "Armaeth". The one currently on the game site has been written by someone who says he could not finish it or figure out what it was about. He gave it 3.. Wendy Mann wrote a really good review and walkthrough which ultimately turned up on Mr Bills website..This is a really great game and quite addictive. There are quite a lot of people who have played this game through many times so why rely on a review from someone who really doesn't know what the game is all about....SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 29-12-2007, 05:48 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

As an adventure game hater, the review talk mostly about all what I hate about adventure games... So, I'm not really sure what you are asking about here.

The review is made by a fan of adventure games, he mentions all the important part/stuff in the game like the parser, the annoying save options and the like... And he even gave the game a better rating than what he originally wanted to give.

What would you ask more? I'm an hardcore fan of strategy games, and I'm sure I'd rate some of them with 1 or 2...
Old 29-12-2007, 09:00 AM   #3
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
As an adventure game hater, the review talk mostly about all what I hate about adventure games... So, I'm not really sure what you are asking about here.

The review is made by a fan of adventure games, he mentions all the important part/stuff in the game like the parser, the annoying save options and the like... And he even gave the game a better rating than what he originally wanted to give.

What would you ask more? I'm an hardcore fan of strategy games, and I'm sure I'd rate some of them with 1 or 2...
I found the review too short to give much of an idea about the game itself - it only touches upon technicalities which is fine if supported by more info on the game itself, the puzzles, etc. but I have no idea at all how the game plays.

Not that 3/5 probably isn't an accurate score but the review itself is just not that informative besides some grudges.
red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 29-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
Sal
Game Wizzard

Default New review for armaeth

Yes in the beginning the game can be annoying and at times very frustrating and it needs to be played through at least once just to become familiar with technicalities. Once this has been done, the game becomes almost multi-layered, things change from game to game and the challenge to get through to the end and win is great. Both Wendy Mann and myself thought that the original programmers of the game probably had a sequel in mind as the ending points to this. Pity it didn't eventuate...I think it deserves a rating of 4...SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal