Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-05-2005, 07:45 AM   #1
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

I think it's a great move by Lucasarts to rerelease some of their old classics as budget games (Labeled Lucasarts Classics). So far I've been able to reaquire (I don't have the games anymore for different reasons) The Dig, Sam n Max, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Curse of the Monkey Island, Full Throttle. BUT for some reason they are NOT selling Loom, Zak McKracken, Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island 1 & 2, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade...

Why?

I hope Sierra will do the same with their classics.

I'm talking about the enhanced CD versions here. I'm not a collector in the sense of having all the boxes in mint condition (to me it's just paper) yada yada yada. I want the games, preferably in a "DVD-case" for easy storage in my bookcase

I don't know what the point of this post is. I should be working on some partial differential equation concerning heat in a rod, but talking about past days is more fun!
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 03-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
LordHart

They've re-released them in a Classics range? Hmm, just another way to milk more money from us poor adventure game fans wanting a new game. First, they cancel S&M2, and now, release all the ones we've already played expecting us to pay for them... which we will. :not_ok:
LordHart is offline                         Send a private message to LordHart
Old 03-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #3
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by LordHart@May 3 2005, 09:37 AM
They've re-released them in a Classics range? Hmm, just another way to milk more money from us poor adventure game fans wanting a new game. First, they cancel S&M2, and now, release all the ones we've already played expecting us to pay for them... which we will. :not_ok:
Well I've lost all my old copies so for me it's a good thing (the price isn't that bad, around $10-15 bucks for each), but I see your point. But I hear Still Life is supposed to be good... I might just give that one a try.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:00 PM   #4
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by LordHart@May 3 2005, 09:37 AM
You're right!

Even if i'm a fan of the Lucasarts classics and i'd like to have something like MdaG said, i think that the Lucasart did too much weird jokes to us, so i don't want give them others $ until they don't change beaviours!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 03:20 PM   #5
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Well it's just something companies love to do, keep gamers guessing and then rerelease the games to the fans, and hopefully get them to pay a certain price, Nintendo loves doing that as well, they love rereleasing the old mario games on the gba like they did a few years back, so they can use that argument against the emulation and rom community.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 03-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #6
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

Unless this is a recent thing in the US, the Lucasarse Classics range has been available for ages.

This isn't a sign that they do care about Adventure fans after all. They don't. They're a bunch of soulless bastards who only care about seeing how many times people will buy the Battle of Hoth.
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 03-05-2005, 06:28 PM   #7
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

About 6-7 years ago I bought Lucas Art archive, with many LA titles such as Dark Force 1, Moneky Maddnes (MI 1 and 2), Full Throttle, etc.. I lost some of those game (friends who are not that :ranting: ) and I would like to get them back again. If they sell it like they did before, I might get it, for reasonable price.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 04-05-2005, 04:59 PM   #8
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackMageJawa@May 3 2005, 06:23 PM
Unless this is a recent thing in the US, the Lucasarse Classics range has been available for ages.

This isn't a sign that they do care about Adventure fans after all. They don't. They're a bunch of soulless bastards who only care about seeing how many times people will buy the Battle of Hoth.
I'm not sure. I know that Lucasarts used to have "collections", but I'm reffering to these.

*edit*

I just loooooove those DVD-cases. Makes storages nice and easy, better than jewel case (prettier at least).
Old 04-05-2005, 05:11 PM   #9
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Oh yeah that's different to say the least, I myself was thinking of those box sets they sell that come with 4 games like DOTT, Sam and Max, Indiana Jones, and such, I've picked up a bunch of Lucasarts games that way, Escape From Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 04-05-2005, 05:43 PM   #10
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Although for the last 4 years I am forced to throw away all the boxes of games I buy, before then I prefered (and still do) the old style of having different sizes and shapes. Much better for me.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios