Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-03-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
Valaggar

Hello!

I run Horde (DOSBox 0.70, Windows XP Proffesional 32-bit, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~2176 MHz - Dual Core) and I am stuck at the "klick 2 times NORTH!! by Snacky/ Razor". I click 2 times north, I get a sound, but nothing changes. Help please!
Valaggar is offline                         Send a private message to Valaggar
Old 15-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Without knowing what you have exactly done and what specifically is the problem, we cannot help you.
Until you post more detailed information about your problem, I can only refer you to this FAQ.

Please post a more detailed description of your problem including any and all error messages you encountered.

Did you consider trying to run the game in an older version of DosBox or in VDMSound?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-03-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
Valaggar

An older version? Yes, I tried, but it didn't word.
As to what I have done, well, I mounted The Horde's folder and launched The Horde, without making any other adjustments.
And did I mention that not only I heard the sound, also the North circle filled with red etc., just like it should have happened. And no, it didn't get stuck, you could continue to click anything you want as long as you wanted, but you couldn't pass that screen.
Old 16-03-2007, 04:01 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
As to what I have done, well, I mounted The Horde's folder and launched The Horde, without making any other adjustments.
And did I mention that not only I heard the sound, also the North circle filled with red etc., just like it should have happened. And no, it didn't get stuck, you could continue to click anything you want as long as you wanted, but you couldn't pass that screen.[/b]
Did you consider that you might want to run the game's setup just to make sure it's correctly configured?
Check if it's set to use: Sound Blaster 16, IRQ 7, DMA 1, Adress 220 h. Note that if there's no setting for Sound Blaster 16, you may use Sound Blaster Pro 2 setting - and if that's not there either, a "regular" Sound Blaster Pro will do nicely too.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #5
Valaggar

Err... setup? It doesn't have one. Plus, the sound doesn't seem to have a problem.
Old 17-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #6
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

cause sometimes game freezes cause of sound settings. btw maybe there s no "setup" but "install" or something
Old 19-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Russ has nailed it exactly. There are cases where minimally incorrect sound configuration is enough to make a game freeze, and the setup file can be named differently than "setup". "Install", "config" and "setsound" are all very common.
Run the following commands in the game directory:
dir *.exe
dir *.com
And try running the filenames they return.

-- Reed Richards
Old 22-03-2007, 06:56 PM   #8
Anno

QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Mar 19 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]284227[/snapback]
Quote:
Russ has nailed it exactly. There are cases where minimally incorrect sound configuration is enough to make a game freeze, and the setup file can be named differently than "setup". "Install", "config" and "setsound" are all very common.
Run the following commands in the game directory:
dir *.exe
dir *.com
And try running the filenames they return.
[/b]
Horde has no sound setup.
In 0.70 The Horde can be run without further tweakings such as mentioned in its dedicated thread.