Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #21
DakaSha
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh@Jun 18 2005, 12:27 AM
...Erich von Däniken...
which daeniken books? all of them or do you like a specific type? ive personnaly only read a couple of the "God" books that have to do with aliens. interesting

---------------------

sorry for opening up the thread... didnt find another one like it.... but i was drunk at the time
DakaSha is offline                         Send a private message to DakaSha
Old 19-06-2005, 02:02 PM   #22
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I'm a fan of a book called Mortal Engines, it's pretty good. Quite shorth though, about 220 pages.

Other good books include : Anything by Pratchett mainly. The Barry Trotter books are good too (by Michael Gerber).
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 16-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #23
Mahar Vairo
Forum hobbit

Since this is the most recent book thread I found:

I have read many different books ranging from horror to fantasy, from tragedy to insanity.

But my favorite book of all time has to be Robin Hood. I have read many different versions of it, but the one I like the best in the children's classic collection... err... I'm not certain about the author but here's something to help:
"Robin Hood with an introduction by Goerge Cockburn Harvey.
Illustrated in Black and White
Color illustrations by Donald E. Cooke.

Made especially for J. G. Ferguson Publishing Company"

Anywhere, I like it because it uses simply and poetic language. (And the book smells nice too.). It is the only book I read more then three times.

If any of read it, please tell me if you thought the same. (Not about the smell, though, unless you really want to. )

Besides that I have read :

Quite a few Dean Koontz's books.
Some Agatha Christies books.
Anne Macarthy's Tower and Hive series.
"The Sword of Shannara", "Elfstones of Shannara" and "Magic Kingdom For Sale/Sold" (all by the same author)
Enid Blyton's "Famous Five series", "Five Find-Outers series", "Secret Seven Series", a few of the "Mystery series."
"The Three Investigator series"(don't know by who)
"Doctor Dolittle" (I think all of them)
Michiel Ende's "Neverending Story". (Hated the movies they made about it, except for the one with that song "behind the rainbow, you will find the answer to the neverending story").

At the moment I am reading The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. I love the library, they just ordered Book 8 & 9 of the series for me when I couldn't find it there, what great people they are. k:

Too bad I am a free-loader, cause if I wasn't I'd go out and buy all the Harry Potter books, even though I probably will read it only once.

BTW is there a book club thread where we can discuss similar books that we read.
Mahar Vairo is offline                         Send a private message to Mahar Vairo
Old 16-07-2005, 04:18 PM   #24
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

I don't read much any more.........

but my favorite authors would be Crichton, Rollins and Asimov. I,Robot and The Incredible Journey are great! k:

Has anybody read Shadow Divers, by Kurson (can't remember first name)?
Really good true story nonfiction about deepsea scuba diving. Really interesting.
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 16-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #25
omg
Games Master

robert rankin
just check the link, it saves me explaining. he 0wns pratchett. pratchett only sells more than rankin becuse his stuff is quite cute and cuddly and nowhere near as occult. read his stuff christians, he knows more about the bible than you do!
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 16-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #26
Xikarita
Abandonia nerd

Currently reading Terry Pratchett's ''Wyrd Sisters'' and ''Stories from Celtic mythology'' by Laura Vasconcellos.
Old 16-07-2005, 04:43 PM   #27
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

I'm surprised no one mentioned Bret Easton Ellis so far. :blink:

Other favourite books: "A Clockwork Orange" (universes between this and Kubrick's flick)
"The Short Timers" (again)
Not so much others that were made for eternity, allthough a little Shakespeare is NEVER wrong...
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 16-07-2005, 04:46 PM   #28
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hey, someone mentioned Iain Banks - my favourite is probably The Bridge, and maybe Player of Games for his sci-fi.
I like shakespeare too Chuck, although reading it's nothing like seeing it done well on stage.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 16-07-2005, 05:30 PM   #29
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

I enjoy all of Shakespere's stuff. However I MUST say my favorite books are Frank Frazetta's works, the Death Dealer series. Very hard to find because they are out of print I have managed to find Book 1,2, and 4 out of 5.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 16-07-2005, 06:24 PM   #30
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBackAlleySka@Jul 16 2005, 05:30 PM
I enjoy all of Shakespere's stuff.
Really? How do you feel about Pericles, then?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles