Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Metal: Needed or Unneeded?
Slayer 5 4.81%
Metallica 21 20.19%
Gwar 2 1.92%
Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne/Black Label Society 8 7.69%
Anthrax 1 0.96%
Slipknot 4 3.85%
Other (please specify) 63 60.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #191
Himmler
Trollmaster General

maan i went to tiamat... so coool
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 24-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #192
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Well, last night I went to my first concert, nothing big, just a local band. Their name is "Awkward Silence" and they're pretty heavy...kind of a mix of Fear Factory and new Mudvayne.

We started moshing...fun...
Old 24-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #193
Himmler
Trollmaster General

i headbanged over some girls pretty funny...for me LOL almost swallowed a boot
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 24-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #194
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Moshing? LOL That is fun, no lie. I went to see the Exploited a couple of years back, and the other fellows in the crowd had like 3 feet spikes pointing in every direction. A wonder noone was maimed hahaha. At that time I weighted in at about 120 kg, it was a mess... but a laugh.
Old 24-09-2006, 08:53 PM   #195
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Moshing/Circle pits can be good and bad. When I went to Kreator earlier this year it was an adults only show and that moshing and circle pits were alright, least when you got knocked down someone would help you back up, true metal fans who know all about it, not the idea to injure everyone around you.

When went to Opeth/Dark Tranquality/DevilDriver, it was an all ages show, and geez very agressive, when the moshing started, people would fall down and good luck getting back up, no one helped you up, very agressive and lots of emos that's also prob why, crazy. :tai:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 25-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #196
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

I hate moshing it completely ruined my whole experience when i had ochestra seats and wanted to get to the front to see korn but all the drunk retards were moshing so i had to be in the back. Thats why I dont ever want pit tickets again. Thanks for ruining the concert MOSH TARDS! :tai:
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 26-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #197
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

No wonder why I protect my sister at concerts. Even though she is my bigsister, but since I am higher (and bigger) then it is my duty to protect her from the stupid mosher tards. Heck last time there were some woman, giving me a scolding, just because my sister wanted to see David Gahan. And we werent even close to the stage in Parken.

And well, I think my sisters claustrophobia, is worse than mine, but I take it easy at times. When it comes to concerts. But sometimes, like the Depeche Mode concert in Aarhus , damn I was SO close punching some guy in the face. When we were in the train, where people were so close to eachother, that not even Japanese rush hour trainrides. Can be compared.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 27-09-2006, 01:28 AM   #198
Iowa
Game Wizzard

When we moshed at that concert, I had no idea what was coming...I was just headbanging with the rest, right up infront of the amps ( ) and then all of a sudden, a senior smashed into me and I literally flew through the air!...First time i've ever been airborne like that...fun...

There weren't many injuries because the people in the circle didn't just want to hurt people, and I knew about 3/4 of them.

My friend went to Ozzfest and told me all about the huge moshpits where everybody runs around in a giant circle...someday i'll get to go...someday...
Old 27-09-2006, 02:49 AM   #199
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yup that's a circle pit, where basically everyone goes around in a circle, can be fun depending on the crowd, as most "real" metal fans know that the purpose is not to hurt your fellow fans but just keep with the energy of the music.

Ew Ozzfest, that is turning to be one of the most hyped with hardly any good bands now, they used to have some great additions, now it's just half the time nu-metal/metalcore bands, and even then charging high ticket prices, I hope that festival stops at some point it's just turning into a cash grab now, much better ones are up and coming, Gigantour for one, the Unholy Alliance tour with Slayer, Children Of Bodom, Lamb Of God and Mastadon also this year was pretty good so I heard.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 27-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #200
Morrin
Underground

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Himmler @ Sep 24 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]257153[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
i headbanged over some girls pretty funny...for me LOL almost swallowed a boot
[/b]
Tiamat is one of the best bands ever!
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin