Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-03-2005, 09:53 PM   #71
Lord Gannon

@ _\Magus/_ :

Oh I already made the two way radio. There just doesn't happen anything when I put it in my boss characters inventory. I just can't figure out how to use the radio to get the alternative ending.

I found the broken radio in left end near the monestary. I found the electronic odds and ends in hard mans death. They were in posession of a trader called don camillo or something like that. Getting the batteries isn't really a big problem seeing that lots of traders have batteries.

I really hope that someone can tell me what to do with the radio when you built it. Also one question, does anything happen if you bring the bible to the church at the monestary?

Old 27-03-2005, 11:00 PM   #72
Chris
Abandonia Homie

I've found a nice chart with all the locations and food/water resources on it:

It is in german, but I think you should have no problems to understand it. I consider it very helpful.

legend:
M = maggots
R = rats
S = snakes
F = meat

Wasser = water
Nahrung = food

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 28-03-2005, 04:45 PM   #73
Camulos

Concerning the radio:

Something way back in the back of my mind seems to be telling me that you just need to wait. There are selected times when someone will try and call you I believe.

The bible doesn't seem to have any effect (whether you go to the church or otherwise).

Items your techie can use are:

Broken Radio
Batteries
Electrical Odds and Ends
Wire
Spring
Wood
Tin Plate
Screws
Metal Pipe
Rubber Pipe
Rag
Broken Pump
Spare Parts
Boots
Gloves
Gas Mask
Protection Suit

As far as I am aware, everything else that isn't either a weapon, food, food trap, water container or clothing is just for trade and has no use.

You can work out the exact values of each item by seeing what the Diner/bar will offer you for them. That should make doing deals easier.

Can anyone tell me if you need the tools? - my techie seems to be able to build things fine without them.

Also am I right in thinking that for the poison gas areas, you only need a gas mask and not a completed protection suit to survive?

I'm not quite sure how the computer works out when the enemy players die, as I have had a player "trapped" between two of my locations for 50+ turns, only then for him to go on a rampage and take over most of my sites (each defended by 4 or more people).

Maybe the exposure to radiation makes them grow camel humps and unfeasibly deep pockets full of meat. :blink:
Camulos is offline                         Send a private message to Camulos
Old 28-03-2005, 11:56 PM   #74
_\Magus/_
Forum hobbit

Quote:
I found the broken radio in left end near the monestary. I found the electronic odds and ends in hard mans death. They were in posession of a trader called don camillo
Like i tought, the location of the 2 unique pieces are obviously always the same: i found mine exactly in the same spot, same dealer camilio...

so i made the radio and nothing happens to... maybe you must be at a certain place to make the trigger.

and btw after i killed the 2 first ennemies relativly easily the other one seems praticly impossible to kill... anybody reached the end of the game already?

Max
Old 29-03-2005, 10:33 PM   #75
a friend

Also am I right in thinking that for the poison gas areas, you only need a gas mask and not a completed protection suit to survive?

you are right & tools seems to be just more tradingstuff

btw thought about that maybe u got to have the radio to finish the game? just a idea... :P

once i played it on the good old amiga, but now on pc I die too soon cause I lose my cities - i forgot what i do wrong

Old 30-03-2005, 12:41 AM   #76
Lord Gannon
Lurker

@ a friend:

you are right, at the poisenous gas regions you only need to wear a gas mask for protection.

I think it's pretty annoying that you're not able to outright attack your enemies. I have one of my enemies holed up in the caves north of the monestary and even after 60 turns he didn't die. I even made sure that he couldn't take the caves by adding guards whenever he killed one. I really hate those guys... :angry:
Lord Gannon is offline                         Send a private message to Lord Gannon
Old 30-03-2005, 04:30 PM   #77
Chris
Abandonia Homie

the easiest way to win the game is to control the needed amount of locations. you don't have to occupy all locations, but mainly those around the big citys. you can take a look at your progress at the status screen, which is accessed from the main map.

Old 31-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #78
_\Magus/_
Forum hobbit

now that's interesting : i finally managed to kill the 3 other guys (tip : try trap them where there is toxic gaz or radiation... they die really faster)

but... nothing happened! :blink: :crazy:

I got the two way radio and i killed all of the others... and i'm still playing.

bobbin did you finished the game already?

Max
Quebec
Old 31-03-2005, 07:09 PM   #79
Chris
Abandonia Homie

not recently, but when i played it in 1990 or so. you have to occupy all the locations adjacent to the big cities, preferably the gas stop and refinery last, as your men can't get any food there. then you've won.

Old 01-04-2005, 03:18 PM   #80
Mambokurt

Hi!
Can anyone tell me why I am losing cities? No opponent is near them and there is enough food.

Mambokurt