Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 15-02-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
Sigfrodi

It's "Rogue", not "Rouge".

I've never played this game... I played Rogue a lot, especially the MS DOS version. Played a bit Nethack, Castle of the Wind, ADOM and a very old rogue like game on my old Amstrad PC1640-HD (don't know the name, the exec file was called z.exe).

Old 15-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #3
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Dyslexia probably
Fixed k:
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 16-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Romano @ Feb 15 2007, 09:56 PM) [snapback]279459[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Dyslexia probably
Fixed k:
[/b]
Damn right.

I guess the game is worth a try just to beat it and there are some interesting stuff. Yet not very important stuff. I think that "poor" game of Rogue is much more advanced and fun than this "advanced" game of Yendor. Perhaps the fans of the series will love it....
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 16-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Heh, for a moment I thought you had beaten me to reviewing Rogue (still desperately trying to get past level 16). Is this one easier than the original or about the same?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 18-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #6

I t hink it;s easier because of that lamp. I thought that it's much harder because i never bought the lamp at the begining. Now i know that EVERYONE can beat it, it will just take some time. There are no levles here except for the castle levels, just one adventure. I think Rogue is much much better.

I wished long time ago that we should have some place where people can say what are they reviewing or what are they about to review. But Kosta and Tom always insisted that topic "Games that need review" is enough. I disagree, but i guess that there is always a risk that you want to review one game and someone beats you. It happened to me with Stormlord, but fortunally i haven't started to write a review yet.

marko river

Old 19-02-2007, 11:15 AM   #7
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 18 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]279876[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I t hink it;s easier because of that lamp. I thought that it's much harder because i never bought the lamp at the begining. Now i know that EVERYONE can beat it, it will just take some time. There are no levles here except for the castle levels, just one adventure. I think Rogue is much much better.[/b]
Right, thanks. Well, I'll probably have a bash at it anyway.

Quote:
I wished long time ago that we should have some place where people can say what are they reviewing or what are they about to review. But Kosta and Tom always insisted that topic "Games that need review" is enough. I disagree, but i guess that there is always a risk that you want to review one game and someone beats you. It happened to me with Stormlord, but fortunally i haven't started to write a review yet.[/b]
I agree, it's basically impossible to know who's reviewing what at any given point in time... But at least that list is being updated every now and then - unlike that awful "missing manuals" list, which as far as I can tell has been untouched for more than a year. :wallbash:
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles