Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
stinkywizzleteats

Default Please help - Brother is 30 something virgin

My brother and I were big nerds all our lives playing D&D and master of magic type games. His childhood was harder than mine and he became an escapist and dreamer - the kind of person who reads a book in a day or spends a lot of time playing skyrim. I always wanted to be socially accepted by the same and opposite sex. I got this by working on my social skills and lifting weights. My brother is still doing the same dumb s- he's been doing since he was 10 or 12 years old, playing dungeons and dragons style games and keeping to himself. I should say before I sound too judgey he's much better than me at keeping a job and having a career. I don't think i'm inherently "better" than him.

I need to know what I can do to help him. Please don't tell me to mind my own business, he's going to be a 40 year old virgin without intervention. I know that on this site there are some older virgins or people who lost their virginity at an older age. Is online dating going to be his best bet like the geek to geek site?
stinkywizzleteats is offline                         Send a private message to stinkywizzleteats
Old 01-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkywizzleteats View Post
he's much better than me at keeping a job and having a career
LOL, with that issue secured, he needs no improvement in social skills. Being able to support yourself is the only mandatory thing in life.
Friends & spouse are an option.

One thing is missing from your description: did he asked you to help him? Did he express being lonely? Or is he perfectly alright being a lone wolf?
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Online dating might work, but advertising yourself as a geek rarely does. He doesn't necessarily need a geek girl.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:18 AM   #4
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You cannot be serious.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You have your priorities. It's quite possible being accepted, having social skills or finding a girlfriend are not among his.

So unless your alleged brother specifically asks for help, bloody mind your own damn business.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Huh?

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 01-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Just on the very very slim offhand chance that this isn't a troll thread, I will say this - losing your virginity is not some magical key to social/personal enlightenment, and really, the only people who care about ridiculous stuff like this are people who haven't discovered this yet (i.e virgins.)

I'm annoyed I ended up replying to such a stupid thing. Also, stop being so interested in what your brother does with his penis, you sound weird.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Oh common, don't be so strict... He came to site where he naturally expected to find old virgins or people who were old virgins. He can't be troll in no way
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 01-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Heh, fair point I don't mind either way, advise away guys.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I officially declare troll season... open.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Closed Thread