Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-10-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
Death Adder

Unhappy Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate

"Many years ago, a beautiful country lost all the money suddenly. It could be the poisonous spider's doing."

Holy Sssnake, it's finally here! The website that nobody demanded!

Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate
www.diskman.com/presents/supervision

If you're familiar with the Supervision, you're probably laughing right now.
If you're not familiar with the Supervision... oh boy, are you in for disappointment.

This website is the result of 15 years [!] of research and collecting, and today (Oct. 4th, 2018) is its world debut.

I'm sorry.

There's also lots of other nifty, geeky, classic gaming stuffs on the main site, which you may enjoy a lot more than this Supervision nonsense...

www.diskman.com

...and cruise by Diskman Presents: filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!
Death Adder is offline                         Send a private message to Death Adder
Old 21-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #2
Death Adder

Yo!

Today there's been some cool [?] updates to the site:

* Confirmation of "Cross High" existing as a standalone cartridge
* Scans of Chinese-language instructions for six games + the Supervision itself
* Scans of a damn near perfect TV-Link box, + instructions in six languages
* Scans of Watary Italia advertisements, featuring the "Supervision ninja" <-- just ridiculous

www.diskman.com/presents/supervision

Merry Christmas!

...and cruise by Diskman Presents: filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!
Death Adder is offline                         Send a private message to Death Adder
Old 27-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #3
Death Adder

Today I've added blister pack insert scans for 2-in-1 Hash Block / Eagle Plan, Alien, and Dream World. The game instructions archive has also been added to: Especially take note of the Italian version of the Honey Bee instructions, which feature hand-written corrections that were simply xeroxed into the finished product! Amazing!! Finally, the ridiculous “Supervision ninja” makes his second appearance, courtesy Watary Italia's fabulous stickers.

^ - You just can't make this stuff up. o_O

Old 11-01-2019, 08:09 AM   #4
Death Adder

Today's tantalizing website update...

I finally picked up a sort-of-like-new, boxed Magnum Supervision. I've been wanting one of those for a while, don'cha know. I've added scans of the box and instructions now, just for you. I also managed to get the kinda elusive Sonny X'Press complete in blister pack. So in case any of you were “going ape” over the insert & instructions not being available on the website, they're here now.

What else, what else... OH! There's a scan of a Sonny sticker! Yep. It was adhered to the Sonny X'Press blister package, but I carefully removed it. No more monkey business with this last update: a rather uninteresting Hartung Supervision sticker. That's it for today.

Old 10-09-2019, 11:00 AM   #5
Death Adder

All righty then! The page for the single-game cartridge version of Cross High actually has some content on it now, but don't get excited 'cuz it's just some screenshots and a note about the (non-)ending.

While preparing this stuff, I've been listening to the soundtrack of the far superior Motocross Maniacs for the Game Boy: the game Cross High poorly ripped off. Irony? Or just common sense? Maybe a little bit of both.

Old 05-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #6
Death Adder

Recent site updates...

• November 30, 2019:
The game instructions archive on the scans page was updated to include Italian language instructions for 2-in-1: Block Buster / Cross High, Delta Hero, Space Fighter, and Super Block. Not exciting enough for ya? Well, keep your eyes peeled 'cuz I've got a few blister pack insert scans coming along shortly.

• December 5, 2019:
Surprise!! I'm back with more blister pack inserts, as promised. So... it's not really a surprise. Anyway! You get 2-in-1: Block Buster / Cross High, and Soccer Champion. Soccer Champion's instructions have also been added, in English and Italian. Urrà! Soccer Champion had proven a tough one to find complete. And 2-in-1: Block Buster / Cross High, I noticed, was imported by a firm named Cammarota S.R.L., instead of the more familiar Watary Italia. Curious!

Old 16-01-2020, 10:03 AM   #7
Death Adder

Today's update...

Merry 2020, guys 'n' gals! Our first update of the year is, like the two updates that preceded it, all about scans. For one, I busted Block Buster out of its tight, repressive blister pack to get scans of the insert + English & Italian language instructions. And, two-hoo! There's scans of the Golden Free Trade Supervision box and instructions, from down Mexico way. Fab stuff, amirite?

Old 24-01-2020, 12:49 AM   #8
DrWho42
Game freak

awesome

thanks for the update!

🌲link🌲tree🌲
DrWho42 is offline                         Send a private message to DrWho42
Old 21-05-2020, 09:11 AM   #9
Death Adder

Today's update...

The other night I thought to myself, “I should get pictures of all the Crystball levels.” Then I laughed. Then I paused for a moment, raising an eyebrow. Then, I actually went and got all the pictures!! What is wrong with me?! (Wait, don't answer that.) Playing through Crystball again after all these years... sucked. But, I was able to notice and document some quirky details about the game's behavior. These stunning revelations are now available for you to overlook.

On the scanning front, Mark Canon (aka “stupus”) was kind enough to send in the following: blue boxes for 14 games, Galaxy Fighter and Journey to the West cartridge labels, and the official Goldnation price list and order form. W0w! Thanks, Mark!

Finally! Two more pages of Dixons ads were added to the existing PDF. Apparently the updated file had been sitting here for quite some time, waiting to be uploaded. Sorry, eh!