Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-07-2019, 06:14 PM   #11
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Obviously a mistake on the corporative side, but while moraly questionable to abuse the hole, this was an official release of an official feature, so not cheating.

And you do with the info whatever you want. Like report to Steam. I won't make an account just for that, as you know I don't have Steam access (I had once, but it drains computer-memory with its adverts, thus I decided not to have it).
Old 13-07-2019, 04:12 PM   #12
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Do not get me wrong. I do not see anything reprehensible in that. On the contrary, I just find “unfair” Double Standards...

If the Game Developers decided to leave Cheat Codes for certain games, well... It is free... and you can use and enjoy them... at any time...

What would be reprehensible, from my point of view, as I mentioned in my previous posts, cheating using Cheats against Human Adversaries such as in Competitions, etc.

Now, if you are playing alone against AI... I do not think AI will be mad with you for cheating while playing the game... *shrug*
Old 14-07-2019, 09:36 PM   #13
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Now, if you are playing alone against AI... I do not think AI will be mad with you for cheating while playing the game... *shrug*

Sometimes they do though.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...u+for+cheating
Old 16-07-2019, 01:16 AM   #14
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Aww... You got me this time...

01) Well, my opinion agrees very well with some comments posted on YouTube:

Quote:

Cheating in online games:👎

Cheating in single player games:👌
Quote:

For online multiplayer games cheaters should definitely be punished. But for single player games I think it's kinda stupid. I paid for the game, why shouldn't it be up to me how I'd best enjoy the game. Isn't that the point of single player games, having fun? That's why I play games and don't play online
Quote:

And even for multiplayer - if it's on the private server and everyone has agreed about what cheats can be put in use now before the game starts, it's fine (though it's more like custom gameplay rules at this point).
Quote:

That is absolutely true, you've paid money not only for the console but for the game as well, if it's a single player game it should be ok to cheat, since you're not harming anyone else, if developers can't comprehend that in the slightest, they should go fuck themselves
Quote:

Single Player: Cheating is OK
MMOs: Cheating is DEFINITELY NOT OK.
Private Servers (CO-Op): Rules must be agreed upon BEFORE playing a game... just my two cents...
Quote:

People who cheat in multiplayer ruin the game for others and just plain suck
Quote:

Cheats should be avaliable only in single player games
Quote:

90% of the people who play Pokemon use cheats for fun. (No competitive PvP)
Quote:

I understand the punishments for cheating in online games but not for single player use because it only affects the person’s own game and their fun
Quote:

Dominick Angel Basically cheating in single player is fine because it only affects one person’s gameplay and not other people
Quote:

Dominick Angel it’s kind of like how rockstar games puts mods in but disables achievements when you activate them if you want to go do some crazy shit then you can with them but they aren’t allowed in multiplayer because then you could just murder without anyone standing a chance
Quote:

Remember Cheat Code magazines?
Remember Gamesages before it was ign?
Remember when all games werent online?
Remember unlocking cheat codes?
Quote:

Yeah back when everyone wasn't competing with people they'll never meet and pulling cheap crap for a useless bit of bragging.
Quote:

The only cheat codes I've used before was in Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. Usually it was for resource boosts, which only added about 1000 at a time, or the Simonsays cheat code for story mode points.
Quote:

Drop a like if you remember that game and code.
02) And also here:

Quote:

I really don't get why it matters in single player games, Now in Mutiplayer yes it does matter.
Quote:

Because you can ruin other players' experience, just like you smoke and you make other people inhale the toxic smoke you release.
Quote:

By your logic people shouldn't be allowed to smoke in their own houses even? Yea no I agree that people should be allowed to cheat in their own worlds but not in public ones and/or ones ran by anyone else's systems.
Quote:

i think cheating is alright as long as it in a single player game and not multiplayer
Quote:

Ditto, if you don't want players cheating in a single player game then don't put the cheats in at all. If they cheat in a multiplayer game by all means throw the book at them.
Quote:

The point of offline singleplayer cheats is either extra fun when you've already played the game and can experience it a new way
or devs need an easy way to bugtest without having to play the previous parts of the game
Quote:

But there are cheats in single player mode that are meant to troll you. For example, Star Wars Trilogy's God Mode code is "LAIMLAME", which is basically saying "LucasArts, I am lame."
Quote:

Maybe cheating is alright in offline games

BUT NOT IN ONLINE GAMES!
Quote:

Game Developer: guys I got a idea.
Staff:What that?
Game Developer: Let upload cheats in the code of are game but brutally punish those who dare use them.
Staff: Brilliant!
Quote:

Some cheats are implemented for testing purposes, so the testers can test everything without actually playing. Although i guess many cheats are willingly left in the game for players to use.
By the way, if I could lose the weight quickly and easily in a totally safe and healthy way, why should not I use it for my benefit? *shrug* Practicality, pragmatism and time saving.

Since this is not possible, I resign myself to practicing physical activities regularly (but I really like practicing them!) and without resorting to brutal methods like regurgitating what you have just ate...

I think the same about using Cheats (Code Cheats, Savegame Editors, Trainers, etc.) and without harming anyone (Game Players and / or Game Developers). That would be just for my own personal fun and nothing more. No offense.

Last edited by Mystvan; 14-08-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 16-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #15
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Seems single player depends on company.

Like the Konami Code was invented straight to make playing home versions enjoyable.

Or there's Capcom's Resident Evil 2. All cheat-codes punish you with lesser rank, EXCEPT the infinite ammo code. And yes, the codes there (extra weapons etc) are rewards for completing the game one way or another.
Old 29-04-2020, 06:33 AM   #16
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Total War - Shogun 2

LINK

Opportunity closes on May 1st.
Old 17-12-2020, 08:09 PM   #17
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickin’ Good Dating Simulator

I've got the hint from here.

And this is the link to the game.

I'm very said this THING doesn't have language option, because even though I kinda avoid Stam like the current pestilence, this guy is friggin hot, and I say this with full hetero pride.